WHO IS YOUR PET...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by MommySAIDno, Aug 29, 2007.

1. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Okay, I am stealing this idea from Kaci. ( hope it's ok Kaci :oops: ) Since Kaci posted a "who are you" thread in the discussion forum, I thought it might be nice to have a "who are your pets" thread. After all, the more people I meet, the more I like my cat/dog....right?!!!:mrgreen:
    Maybe there has been a thread like this before, but I've been away for awhile and I'd like to know about your pets because the people on THIS forum are just SO amazing. Plus, what proud parent of a furry friend doesn't jump at the oppurtunity to talk about their babies.:lol:

SOOOoooooo....tell us ALL about your babies. When did you get them, How, why, how old are they, FUNNY STORIES ABOUT YOU AND THEM, sad stories, sweet memories, what is their most adorable trait...their most maddening one?? anything else??? You are an animal lover like me, you fill in the blanks. Let's talk about our furry babies ( living and retired - OK) and get to know each other while we're at it.:)

2. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I like this :)

I have one rabbit named CC. We got her for Easter this year for my son who absolutely loves her. She was a year old when we got her and very friendly. We spent the whole day we got her building her a deluxe suite for her to sleep and play in.

We have 2 Blue Ticks. One named Belle and the other Luke, these are dh's dogs but I still help take care of them. They are for hunting plus we are going to let ds show Belle next year Luke will be 1 year this month and Belle is 1.5 both very sweet and good dogs.

My dream beagle will hopefully be here in the next few months. I have to get her a house :) I love beagles

3. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I just wrote in about Lizzie, our Border Collie mix the other day but I have to brag, too. We think she is Chow and German Shepherd also b/c she can look like any of those 3 breeds depending on how she holds her ears and her facial expressions. I almost ran over her in the middle of the road at 5 weeks on a cold, rainy night. She looked just like a little bear cub and I thought my husband would melt but he was initially a little afraid of her b/c of the Chow thing. Now he babytalks to her in a way he never did our human kids.
    We also have two guinea pigs, DAisy and Chrysanthemum(after the Kevin Henkes books) I got from the Raleigh Rodent Rescue. I highly recommend them.
    Mom2~1boy, we used to have a beagle/lab mix who was the BEST dog ever and I think it was the beagle in her!

4. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

This is a very cool thread idea. How about including photos too - a picture says a thousand words. . .and makes us go awwwwwww.

I have some running to do, but will get some up later on. I can't wait to hear about/see everyones furry family!

5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Okay, I have two non-human babies. Taz is my 10 yo English Bulldog. I love that dog more than life, he's Momma's baby! I love it when I get home from work he comes up to me with his little flat face in the air for me to give him sugar's. Most annoyed when he ate a beach ball and almost died and it cost me $2,700! Dixie is my 3 yo Boxer. She's a sweet girl, but is so jealous of my little man. It makes me mad when she jumps him.

Here are my babies again:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is Mattie ^^^^^ she showed up at a friends house in Wilmington and he was extremely allergic to cats so my neighor across the street took her in. Well her cat didn't like Mattie so I got DH a little intoxicated and brought Mattie home. We named her Mattie because she was so matted up when we got her. Mattie is deaf but everyone talks to her :lol: Mattie is about 9-10 years old. She is spoiled rotten! Thanks to DH
    [​IMG]

Can you find the cat? She gets into the smallest crevace she can find to nap (all day) and does kitty aerobics at night :?

[​IMG]

This is my baby girl Shelby! ^^^^ My X fiancee and I got Shelby when she was 5 weeks old from an ad in the newspaper. Her first weekend she went out on "grandma and grandaddy's" boat and loved it! She's a mommy's girl for sure. She turned 16 on July 2nd. When I tell her grandma and grandaddy are coming she waits by the door until they get here. :lol: She's not really a "people" person which I like. (she takes after me :mrgreen: ) I don't have to worry about her running up to anyone jumping on them or licking them to death. She's been an awesome dog since day one! I give her a hair cut twice a year and she just lays there while I give her a new hair do. I love my baby girl. She has cancer and a heart problem which she's on medication for. Even with her heart problem and cancer, she's doing GREAT!! STill runs around like a maniac in the back yard.

[​IMG]

Shelby's new hair cut. :mrgreen:

7. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

All just gorgeous Harleygirl!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Harley, they are so cute! Mattie ought to be in commercials, she is GORGEOUS!!

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks! My babies are so cool!

I sen't Matties' picture into the Iams people and the Purina people all they sent me back was a coupon :?

They said that the cats on the bags and commercials were trained, I let them know real quick that Mattie knew sign language :mrgreen:

My version of sign language of course :lol:

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I'll start with our baby we lost this summer. She was a bunny names McKenzie who was 7.5 years old. We got her right after we got married and she fit in DH's pocket. I named her after the doc who saved my mom's life. :) She was raised around dogs...Before we got our lab, she had run of the house in the evenings. When Elvis would fall asleep on the floor, she would hop up, bite his foot, and run back to her cage. It was funny!

Then came Elvis Aaron, our Rat Terrier. He was 11 weeks old and weighed 4.3 lbs when we got him. He turned 6 Feb. 2. He is a beautiful boy. When he was a baby, we had to spray bitter apple on our feet to keep him from eating our toes. He also had the cutest yawn you've ever seen. He loved PetSmart, Treats, Grandma, and Aunt Vickie (he perks up at the mention of them). He was diagnosed w/ Lymphoma Cancer mid April. We thought we had it beat until a few weeks ago when another gland popped out. It has since gone down with aggressive treatment. He is my lovebug. He has sooo many nicknames: Doodlebug, Booboo, Elvie, V, Little E, etc.

Along came Lisa-Marie. She came to us at around 3 months old, weighing in at 9.3 pounds. She came form the SPCA on 70 in Garner. She is a lab-mix (she has spots on her chest) and weighs in at 60 pounds. She thinks she is a 10 pounder. She loves to "spoon" with me at night. When my dad died, she was my best friend and constant companion. I wouldn't have gotten through it if it hadn't been for her. She would stay in bed with be and snuggle while I cried. She turned 4 this summer. She absolutely LOVES playing ball. She likes playing with smaller dogs, but doesn't care much for larger ones. SHe is extremely protective of her mom, dad, and brother.

Now for Jessie "Garon", the rabbit. We got him from someone that had to get rid of him. She had taken him form a local photographer that no longer wanted him (gggrrr..). He is around a year and a half and is so soft and pretty. He is very sweet and likes peanuts!

11. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

We belong to two dogs, Daisy and Flower.

Daisy is a 4 year old yellow lab. She's still very playful and protective of her family. She barks at everyone that walks by, but she really justs wants to play with you. At least she keeps the Kirby Vacuum people away ;-)

Flower, our Bichon, just turned 1 and was pictured in the Clayton News Star last week with her brother Tank. She is extremely mischievous!!! She's high maintenance with a low maintenance personality. She hates getting a bath and getting brushed.

As far as one being 80 lbs. and the other being 8 lbs. goes, they get along very well. Daisy could easily hurt Flower but is very gentle with her. They are a lot of fun.

12. zookeeper

This is Jimmy. He’s been with us for three and a half years now. He’s 4 ½ now, and very sweet. He spent the first year of his life on a 15 foot tether. . .his owner said that at 30 pounds (he was a bag of bones) he was too large to be in the house. He now weighs 42 lbs and looks like a big Benji. Very sweet and he was totally housebroken in less than a week. His nick names are
    “Jungle Jim” and “Jimmy the Greek” – the latter, when he does the Alpha-wanna-be-mounting - lol
    [​IMG]

This is Persues (Percy, for short. Percy is 8 ½ years old, which is saying something as he has a congenital heart problem and has two bad valves that are inoperable. I was told by two dog cardiologists who did untrasounds a year apart, that Percy would likely not see his 4th birthday. He is vibrant and healthy, although he gets tired when he plays Frisbee after about 6 throws. . .at the time I adopted him, the shelter was unsure about his temperament – these days, they would NOT have adopted him out. . .He is very loyal and very smart. He thinks his mission in life is to protect me and is very picky on who he trusts. He’s never bitten anyone, but he has placed a couple fools who acted like idiots up against the wall.
    [​IMG]

This is Frankie, short for Frankenstein. He looks like someone cut the head off a Papillon and placed it on the body of a Long Haired Miniature Daschund. He is a little monster, for sure. Frankie came from the Johnston County Animal Shelter – he was approx. 8 months old at the time and was found running the streets. He was pretty sick and I put almost 800.00 into him BEFORE he even got neutered, just to keep him alive. He’s 6 now, and isn’t afraid of anything. He has a ton of nick-names – ‘Hanky Panky,’ ‘Shortstop,’ ‘Steiney,’ I could go on and on, he knows every one of them – He is fierce, no kidding around. . .while he is VERY loving with us, Frankie HAS to wear a muzzle with the vet at ALL times – he growls at the appearance of a syringe. I scrub him in the sink when the big boys get groomed by JeanS, I wouldn’t want to subject her to his wrath. He kisses me the entire time though, and has never shown his butt to me or hubby. He’s never bitten anyone, but boy he sure does scare them off!
    [​IMG]
    This is Quincy, he just turned 9 in May. Quincy came from the SPCA of Wake County as a cruelty confiscate. His story, which is a long one is pretty inspiring, even to me. A number of his accomplishments are on links here: http://www.jcapl.org/quincy.htm A couple of the links are minus pictures, don’t know why. . .Anyway, I retired him in May after his last Field Learning Day in Glendale-Kenly Elementary visit. He’s a wonderful dog, who has given me so much to be proud of. He met well over 5,000 children in his career as a canine educator and I’d like to think he’s helped many of those children to avoid getting bitten, or otherwise injured when they come into contact with dogs. In the photo below, is one of my previous foster dogs, Polly, who was a doll baby. Q, was about a year old in that photo.
    [​IMG]
    I don’t have photos of the kitties in my files – new pc here.
    Last, but not least, all of the dogs and the DH watching TV – lol Try to get a seat around here. . .
    [​IMG]

13. zookeeper

Yikes, Frankensteins eyes do look monsterous in the above pic. . . 11 lb terror, for sure!:shock:

14. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I bet he rules the roost doesn't he? Usually the littlest ones do!

15. le

le Well-Known Member

zoo - little percy is precious!
    i was stared down to vacate a chair this morning by one of our four leggers. told dh i would be in the can if he needed me since it was only "chair" unoccupied by an animal!

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have 'Shogun'. He is almost 3. He is a Chesapeake Bay retriever and he is gorgeous. He is smarter than most people I know and listen's better than my children. :-D

Had 'Spenser' before, for 10 years. Same breed. Same smartness.

17. casidycoop

casidycoop Guest

Wow Zoo you really are a zookeeper:) You have some beautiful babies!

18. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Dang, Zoo!

I didn't know you were Quincy's Mom. What a heartbreaking and heartwarming story all together. I've never met him personally, but have followed his reports and visits. What a great boy...and great Mom!

Frogger

19. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Harley~

How are the "kids" adjusting to the new house?

That sweetie looks like a totally different dog when shaved! Thay're all cutie-pies tho.

Frogger

20. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I won't have time to post everything about them, but I will post what I have.
    Josie is a pug 2.5 yrs old
    Lucy is a pug 3.5 yrs old.
    Nicki is a cat Almost 3 yrs old (daughters cat)
    Munchkin is a cat (Nicki's baby) 1.5 yrs old (daughters cat)
    Neo is my Congo African Grey 1.5 yrs old (parrot)
    Paulie is my Blue crown conure 3 yrs old (parrot)
    Squeakers is my Sun conure 6 months old (parrot)
    Critter is a Paraket 2 yrs old (daughters bird)
    Conner is a Parrotlet-smallest parrot in the world 2 yrs old
    Mo is a Cockatiel 2 yrs old (daughters bird)

MO, Neo and Paulie all talk and are very funny birds! Every night my Grey always calls out "mom" just like my daughter says it to me..really funny. Paulie is always asking where Amber is? Even though he doesn't care for her, he always ask for her. I wouldn't change anything about any of my animals, and I would share photo's if I knew how to do so on here.
    Sheri