Who's Cell Service do you use?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jean S, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I am thinking of changing my cell provider & I wanted to get some feedback on the other providers in this area. I was looking at changing to Verizon, does anyone in the Cleveland School & surrounding areas use Verizon and if so, are you satisfied & do they have good coverage? Thanks!

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I use Verizon, and haven't found a spot in the United States that I didn't get a signal (I typically do not travel to the white spots on the red map in the commercial).

3. We use Verizon and I've never had trouble with it anywhere at all. AT&T stinks where we live.

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Another Verizon customer here. Of course, I was converted from Alltel, but haven't noticed any major change in the actual service. I do know that my existing Alltel plan is a better deal than what Verizon offers its customers. Thankfully, they are allowing me to keep it...for the time being.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:iagree: We came to Verizon from Alltel too. Our bill WAS $37 and change because we weren't under any contract (it had expired long time ago) But, since we got two new phones the other day we're under a new contract...I think it's $80...? $50 or 80. I'm not sure, DH took care of it. It's one of my Christmas presents. :mrgreen: As for coverage, we're quite satisfied. There is a Verizon store in BJ's.

6. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Another for Verizon. They provided the best service for me in the DR Wells area. The only dead spot I have found is between Clayton and Wendell.

7. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Verizon here as well. I have not found any dead spots. My husband has found a few, as he travels all over the county with his job, but finds if he goes outside, he can get a signal. We chose verizon because our daughter is a student at App State, and they have a tower on one of the dorms. We get an excellent signal in Boone, something we did not get with Sprint.

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Alltell into Verizon. So far its been fine. I can get signal at my home. I used to have Sprint years ago and hated it so much I got rid of it. Never got signal at my home. When I did if the wind changed direction I lost signal. I would have to drive a 1 mile to 1.5 miles from my home just to get signal.

9. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

the only place i really dont get service for verizon is at my moms house and she lives in the boonies of louisburg LOL i mean i can get it 2 min down the road either way just not her house LOL

10. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Verizon here as well. I had Alltel but like other had the switch to Verizon.. Alltel had better plans! I called Verizon when I got my new phone and they didn't not have the same texting plan that Alltel did so I had to change my whole plan which sucked :( But so far no problems I get service every where I have been so far.

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Verizon here too! I love them. I too, have never found a spot where there was no covereage....and I have never had a call "dropped". :mrgreen:

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Same here - I think as long as you keep your phone you keep your plan - the ole "The Verizon phones are not compatible with the Alltel plans" Umm yeah, but Alltel phones work with Verizon plans. Go figure.

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Verison here, too. My husband often works in very rural areas northeast of the Triangle. In almost every location he is able to get a signal with his Verison phone. The wasn't the case with Altel nor AT&T.

14. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Verizon here too and very satisfied. I actually have service in Buies Creek now. No service in Autryville though.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Tell me about it!! I had a nextel for years, I do NOT miss some dummy spouting cuss words without regard to where you might be or alerting me for no reason. I finally had the worst offenders about alerting me trained that unless there was death or blood involved, they better not alert me. RUDE!

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Company provided Nextel crackberry here. The wife and my parents are on Sprint.

17. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Verizon. We drop calls once in a while around the back roads but not in most areas where we travel or at the house.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am loving Sprint now since they started the new program where i can call any cellphone from any carrier free - i hardly use any of my minutes anymore cause everyone has cellphones:hurray:

19. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Good luck with Verizon. Just try switching FROM Verizon to something else. Been there, done that, they are still trying to make us pay bogus charges...So if you like giving up any rights to other choices in the future, it might be for you.
    :ack:

20. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I haven't had any billing issues with Verizon. Were you trying to switch before your contract was up?