window ac unit

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I have a window ac unit that it appears the compressor died. Its a Haier 5000btu unit. Does anyone know someone who works on window units? And also is it worth repairing that unit. I think its a base ac unit.

Thanks

Bob

2. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

3. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

check the compressor relay on the side of the compressor. if its burnt up, replace it with a universal one from Supco or somebody. D&L in Raleigh can get you the parts.

4. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

From hard learned experience, everyone should have a little 5K BTU window unit put away in an attic or storage shed.

If you loose your main AC in the middle of the summer with 98F and 70RH days and 85F nights and no repair service will respond for two, three or four days, having one room cool is a life and marriage saver.

And at the end of the summer season, little 5K AC units are often on sale as low as $75.

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

+1

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

The AC unit in question started pumping out cold air yesterday. Just after I replied to a craigslist post for a 6300BTU unit in Raleigh. I picked up that unit for 50.00. only used one summer and still in its original box with documentation. Figure will hold on to in case of emergency.