Windows themes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CanisLupis, Apr 12, 2011.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Alright Wulf has gone full geek mode here but I found this to be interesting. Remember all the old Windows Operating Systems? Most of the folks on here have probably used everything from Win95 to Win7 but those catchy little tunes at start up seemingly get blocked out.

For whatever reason, these little jingles bring back memories for me that I didn't even know I had. For example, Win95 is something I used in college...so I immediately am reminded of my college days. Win98 was on the first computer I ever bought....2000 on my first work computer and so on.

Anyway....I thought this was kinda cool but I will completely understand if some think I've lost my mind. :lol:

Give a listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yOf_0A1Adk&feature=related

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I think only one I remember hearing was the Win98 and the last one. Sort of related, I remember when I was in college, I had an AOL account and I'd always forget to turn the volume down and I'd jump when I'd hear "YOU'VE GOT MAIL" :lol:

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I had the Wal-Mart version of AOL......Compuserve.

I remember the monotone greeting too.... WEL COME

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Ummmm...how about my first real full use OS (aside from a bit of applesoft) was MS-DOS 6.0 followed shortly after by 6.22 and my first Windows version was 3.1 followed shortly by 3.11 for networking. Moved to Windows 95, then 98. Have 5 pc's at home now including one work laptop and run everything from XP to Vista to Win7

Forgot to add that I never really had AOHELL, but did have Compuserve and Prodigy way back in the day.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I remember the MS DOS days as well. Did many a paper on the old "Word Perfect" with a dot matrix printer. My dad worked for Unix which had something to with AT&T and later Lucent Technologies. I was always privy to some tech stuff but rarely paid attention to it all.

6. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

My first computer didn't do anything but show a DOS prompt

7. CraigSPL

Back in the day either poplar science or popular mechanics had an ad in the back where you could buy the plans to build the powerful Apple II+. Actually did that and had a cassette drive to feed programs into the massive 48K of memory the thing had.

First commercial built computer I played with a Commadore C64 then moved to an Apple IIc with a built in 5.25 floppy drive. Then moved onto a IBM pc clone with an Intel 8088 processor and 128K of memory and 10MB hard drive......DOS and Applesoft only in those days.

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I was wondering if I was the only one.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Beleive it or not, so did I. My dad had a TRS-80, LOL.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

OK, I feel old, that was my first PC, took a loan to purchase it and establish my credit rating. Mine was a cassette storage system.

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

12. CraigSPL

Took computer progamming through JCC on a TRS-80 model III