Witness to accident

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robo321, Apr 14, 2010.

1. robo321

robo321 Well-Known Member

If anyone was a witness to the accident at the intersection of Cornwallis and Cleveland School road yesterday morning the 13th at about 10 am could you please email me.

2. How much will it pay me?

3. robo321

After being involved in an accident (that was no fault of mine) I was amazed to see how many people had stopped. The problem I personally have with those who stopped is the partial involvement they had shown. Post the accident when a teenager ran the red light, I was walking over to the other driver when one of the people that stopped told me he had witnessed this teenager running the red light. I mentioned that I will need him as a witness to the event… Well after the dust settled the witness was nowhere to be found.

I’m wondering why someone would only show partial involvement at an accident site? My plight to find someone WHO WAS WITNESS and willing to tell the truth will be of great help. Seeing the other involved person couldn’t be accountable and tell the truth the accident was written up as a no fault accident which could put me at odds with my insurance company for the next 3 years. Now if the person would have stayed and at least given his information the person who caused the accident could have deservingly taken all the responsibility for not paying attention while driving.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Is a witness really necessary, did you call the SD?

5. drink some coffee before responding please,, ones word against anothers often results in a need for witness.

6. Cleopatra

Could he not have gotten their contact info, instead of expecting them to stay there and wait for a deputy? There are only so many deputies on duty in this county at one time. Do you really think an at fault teen driver is going to be able to go up against an adult seasoned driver when the deputy *does* get there?

7. agree on gathering all info one could. I witnessed 2 before and the 2 at fault in both lied. I left my info with one and police did call me and sorta grillied me on what happened I told him flat out the girl is lying. It probably happens a lot with no witnesses around.

8. Cleopatra

Exactly, and they are trained for that. I mean, it would be nice if people would hang around, but just not feasible sometimes - esp the response time on a fender bender vs *real crime* going on in the county.

9. robo321

I agree fully that I should of written down the witnesses information immediately. I as well have been witness to several accidents where I didn’t have the time to stay but I did leave my contact information.

10. Cleopatra

Well with so much going on, playing secretary was probably the last thing on your mind - hence a callout for witnesses on 4042. Good luck!