Woman killed in hit and run accident this morning

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, May 12, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7587097/

Willow Spring, N.C. — Troopers arrested two young men Wednesday in connection with a hit-and-run that killed a woman earlier in the day in Willow Spring.
    Cody Lee Thomas, 16, is accused of crashing a Cadillac, which he borrowed from someone, into the woman's Mazda Protege and then fleeing the scene in a friend's car.
    The friend, John McCoy, 19, was driving his own vehicle and was following Thomas at the time of the crash, according to Sgt. Jorge Brewer.
    Troopers said they believe Thomas drove off the road, over-corrected, crossed the center line and crashed into the woman's car at about 10 a.m. at Barbour Store and Old Stage roads in Wake County.
    The woman's name was not released pending notification of next of kin.
    "Several leads led the Highway Patrol to Cindy Street in Angier where both suspects were located and later apprehended without further incident," Brewer said in a statement. "Charges are pending upon consultation with the Wake County (district attorney)."

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

A 16YO in a borrowed Cadillac at 10am on a school day?

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

that is just awful. :cry:

DF kids :boxing:

5. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Misdemeanor death by vehicle? Wow...just wow. The little effer should be charged with murder!!

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

The young man charged with the Misdemeanor was behind the psycho who actually "borrowed" the car during school hours and killed a woman.

In my opinion, $40,000.00 bond is just not enough for what the driver did. Why does it say "borrow"? Surely the police have contacted the owner and they either let the psycho drive the car or it was stolen....what am I missing?

I thought aiding and abetting a felony hit-and-run was a felony not a misdemeanor.

Parents really need to be stricter with kids. I'm not perfect by any means but if they are held accountable for things at a younger age maybe just maybe these things would not happen.

Sherry

7. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

It's amazing to me how people who grew up in the '70s are called the "me" generation, but some of the little scumbuckets running around now have absolutely NO regard for other people. NONE.

We had one here in Scranton... High school football player, always gets away with everything, attitude... killed a girl in a wreck and got probation. Judge revoked his probation when he was caught drunk AGAIN.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

HOLLA!!!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

REALLY!! Out driving drunk at that time of the day. Poor woman was just out minding her own business. He needs to be horse whipped and put under the jail. Sick of these stories. What the heck?

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

NBC 17 seems to have a little bit clearer reporting on this.
    http://wake.mync.com/site/wake/news|Sports|Lifestyles/story/51439/authorities-searching-for-driver-in-hit-and-run-accident
    Don't know what's the matter with the link, but you can find it at mync.com

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree: