World Cup Soccer - Go U.S.A.!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Jun 17, 2014.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Ghana 1 U.S.A. 2

It was very exciting to watch these two go head to head. I do believe I held my breath for most of the 5 minute overtime. Way to go guys! What an awesome job our team did.

Sherry

2. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

ugh. yawn. watching soccer is like watching molasses running uphill on a cold January morning.

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

...and baseball, the American pastime, is sooo exciting!

I have always felt that soccer/futbal played at world cup and olympic levels is quite exciting, but outside of that I really won't watch it. It is very similar to hockey from in terms of pace.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

5. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

So you were always the last to be picked to play baseball in your younger days. LOL

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Actually never played. I grew up playing hockey.

...and why would my assertion that baseball is boring to watch have anything to do with my own athletic prowess? Your post is the epitomy of troll behavior...complete with 'LOL' that when taken literally means you actually laughed audibly at what you typed and that makes it more pathetic. Good luck luck being you!

[​IMG]

7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

We need a like button lol. The picture is awesome.

8. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Soccer is for kids that couldn't play anything else.....but I enjoy the World Cup. After that, no thanks.

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Being the nice little Jewish boy that I am & being from New Jersey. Soccer is for all the little Jewish boys, whose moms wouldn't let them play football :). And I was the varsity soccer manager for two years :) I have absolutely no athletic skill

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Agreed. It really doesn't become sport until college, maybe high school, when technique and tackling (legitimate challenge for possession of the ball) come into play. Prior to that it is really just kids running after a ball so they can kick it in a random direction.

11. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

Have you seen some of the Challenge and Classic kids play here? It's hardly just "kids running after a ball". 8)

12. Sherry A.

Next U.S. game:

22 Jun 2014 - 18:00 Local time

USA vs. Portugal

13. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Agreed...athletically, I would put my money on a soccer player over most any other player. Our local club soccer teams are incredible to watch.

14. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Agree with Molly & Alen ...

Once the season starts you should go watch the GCAA travel teams play a few games. You might change your mind about what age when techinique, tackling and possession of the ball actually starts.

15. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

There's tackling in soccer? Never knew that.

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

17. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

18. Sherry A.

U.S.A. 2 Portugal 1

Go U.S.A.

Sherry

19. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

20. Sherry A.