Wow Food Lion!!!

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by MamaApe, Aug 5, 2006.

1. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I am LOVIN Food Lion this weekend (although they are more than likely hating me!!!)
    Is it really that bad that we are using these coupons many times...or do you think they knew it was gonna happen..cmon, you cant give us great deals like that and expect us to get just one!!!!

Just trying to figure out if I need to watch for kharma...

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I am really thinking this is not how it is supposed to work. I have made copies of the coupons, but am feeling really guilty. They really only send us one or two based on our spending etc... no not only are we sharing, but reproducing.

Granted, it does not say ANYwhere on them not to copy them... but being the site only allows you to print one, makes me think that that was their intention.

So I guess it is up to you and your morals... with me I couldn't even use the $5 off more than once, it made me feel really bad and looking over my shoulder, so it wasnt worth it to me.... but please everyone, I am not judging (I am jealous that you can do it!!) I am just voicing my opinion. :D

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this will help your conscience or not, but some times I'm able to print out more than one. I click on my printer's how many to print option and some times it works and other times it gives a pop up window saying I'm only allowed to print one. ...Maybe it varies depending on the coupon offered...?

4. MamaApe

I am absolutely thrilled with my savings, but now I am feeling a little guilty. Well I know for next time that it made me feel bad and I wont do it. I am not judging or saying no one else should..the manager was completely aware and had no problems with the multiples, but I think I over did it and now kinda regret it. Lesson learned I guess.

5. davynchristy

davynchristy Well-Known Member

OK MamaApe - Does this mean we aren't going to FL tomorrow night after the husbands get home and the kids are snoozing? :roll:

6. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Speaking of FL, we went grocery shopping there yesterday. Our total was $258.50, minus coupons and mvp savings, we paid $150.80! That means we saved $107.70!!

7. MamaApe

no maam, I am done...sorry!!

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, i am clueless, been out of touch for almost a week - what coupon for FL are you guys all talking about?

9. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

You can go to FL's website and sign up for their email newsletter (sorry the name of it escapes me at the time), and in it are links to FL coupons that you print right from home. :) Pm me if you want, I can hook ya up! lol

10. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

My daughter just pointed out to me that the Food lion coupons say “void if copied sold exchanged or transferred”. Now I feel even worse.

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

ljk... you're going to hell!! straight-to-hell do not pass go and do not by no means collect your $200 you have already stole enough from Food Lion!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you know I am kidding.

12. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I knew it, thanks for confirming. I better get used to the heat now. :lol:

13. MamaApe

Hey LJK, save me a seat...

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You better save me one too! :oops: I haven't used very many, but I wore out the ones for the Lance crackers yesterday.

15. racecitync

racecitync Well-Known Member

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't think we are going to go to hell after all, I got my email newsletter with the coupons this morning and it has a spot at the bottom to "Forward to a Friend" with space for 8 email addresses. So I think we are OK as long as we don't go crazy on the multiple printing thing.

17. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I agree that they dont mind us passing the news letter along. But as tempting as it is, I think I will stick to using one coupon of each.... It kills me to hear of everyone else's' stocking up. (I love a good deal) But I dont want to feel guilty either, I wont be able to enjoy my free snacks if I have an upset stomach! :lol:

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

What ya'll could to is have someone who doesn't shop at FL give you their coupons :wink:

I just printed off some for breakfast stuff. :p

19. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Went to the 40/42 Food Lion tonight and spoke with the customer service manager. He was very comfortable with all my coupons (including multiples) and said that he would ring in my multiple orders in one sale to save time. He even let me use 2 of the $5 off $20 coupons in the same sale since it was over $60 to start with.

He said they are thrilled with all the extra business that the couponers are bringing and encouraged us to e-mail the home office with positive comments about their specific store. He said they have a point system that rewards them for positive comments. I assured him I would be leaving very positive feedback. He asked me to pass that info on so if anyone else has been pleased with the customer service at the 40/42 location, you will be helping the store by e-mailing the corporate office through the website at www.foodlion.com .

Here is my total for this evening:

Subtotal before sales and coupons: $71.21
    Total after sales and coupons: $ 2.44 :D

Savings: 97%

Thank you Food Lion! :)