wow to the wind

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ws, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ws

ws Well-Known Member

it is really howling out there. already had a 10' section of a dead tree come down. so umm yeah, anyone know a good tree company? i have a couple that need to come down.

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

As tempting as it might be to go check on stuff, it's not worth exposing yourself to items that may become windborne. Unless a window is blown in, wait until morning to check.

Property damage can be replaced. Your life can not.

3. ws

ws Well-Known Member

i heard a big thump and something hit the window in the kitchen. so i flicked on the floodlights and grabbed the flashlight. then i saw what fell. ill be staying inside until morning!

4. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

About 9:45, I thought the thieves were kicking in the front door! Leaped off the recliner and hid in the kitchen in two seconds flat only to discover the storm door had blown back against the siding of the house. That's just sad!

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I blame the hummus

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

haven't taken the dogs out yet but looking out the back window and seeing the downpour I noticed one of my trees fell over.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My neighbors have been making "makeshift" animal pens over the weekend. A large sheet of tin roof came flying into our yard at 12:00. He's very lucky it missed our vehicles. :banghead::banghead:

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We list power for a little while around 1am.

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

just came back in from my back yard and part of my wire fence I put up this summer blew off. I had the green pole screwed to a 4*4 and the wind pulled it out and the wire fence unhooked from it