WRAL vs. DISH

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by SavannahAnna, Dec 25, 2014.

1. SavannahAnna

SavannahAnna Well-Known Member

Ughh - I just realized that since I am got in the middle of the WRAL vs. DISH dispute, I will not be able to watch any of Sunday's NFL games. I would cancel my DISH subscription but I don't want to pay the early termination fee. I guess I'll have to go buy an antenna to use until this gets worked out. Does anyone know how difficult it is to connect one of these to a TV?

Any other DISH customers out there? What are you doing? I keep hoping this will get worked out sooner rather than later, but it's not looking good.

2. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

3. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

It's a piece of cake. Just a coax cable same as the old rabbit ears. The HD antenna looks like a mud flap and you can get one cheap at Wal Mart.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Or it'll get rectified pretty quickly.

5. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Tired of all the disputes. My dish contract is up and going to get cancelled. Rabbit ears, Netflix, Hulu, and more outdoor activities will make for a happier healthier me.

6. angels_squirrel

angels_squirrel Active Member

Exactly.
    We cut the cord last year and have never looked back. IMO there isn't much on tv worth watching anyway.
    What these companies (dish, direct, twc) charge is just outrageous.
    We have rabbit ears on one TV that will receive almost everything we get on an outdoor antenna connected to our main set. And it's good clean
    un-compressed signal. As good as, or better than the signal we got from our satelite.
    Only thing we miss seeing is motorsports. We can listen to Nascar races on FM if we want.

7. roygolf

roygolf Well-Known Member

Same thing here. Digital antenna, Netflix, Hulu, PBS only leads to much more enjoyable and educational options. Got rid of cable over a year ago and not looking back. Although, I will say, the wife has been through all 200 episodes of the 70's show like 5 or 6 times :).

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Over 5 years now for us, my wife is fixated on Criminal Minds over and over again.

9. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

BTW, On a side note--depending on the size and age of your TV you may already have an internal HD antenna. I just switched the menu option from "cable" to "air" and I got 16 digital channels without an antenna. And I may be crazy but the over the air HD picture looks better than the Dish HD.

10. mgzd

mgzd Well-Known Member

http://disablemycable.com/

Antything that will help people get away from TWC and the Dishes. Check this site for helpful info.

11. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

I dropped Time Warner Cable TV 2 years ago but have the internet.

I then hooked my TV as a monitor. Started using youtube, netflix, etc., and general internet use as my total content. Took about two or three months to adjust.

But I can understand having the ol' boob tube with a household with kids, TV works on several levels. But if you can manage without it, it's a nice $600-1400 a year bump in your budget.