Wrap Bracelets

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, May 16, 2012.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Off the wall question I'm sure but...

I'm looking for buttons for the wrap bracelets. I haven't been to Cindale yet but Ornamentea always seems to be sold out.

I'm looking in particular for this elephant button. Does anyone know of any store that sells these things?

Just a shot in the dark but hopefully I'm not the only person in JoCo making these bracelets.

http://www.etsy.com/search?includes[]=materials&q=Good+Luck+Elephant+Button

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I haven't made these, but now I want to! LOL

Beads........beads.............Have you checked Michaels? I've bought them in bulk off Ebay before too.

I have a crap ton left from when I was making some beaded bookmarks a couple years ago, but I don't think I have any like that elephant, very cute.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Check Ornamentea's website in Raleigh, they have bead classes. There was one on making the wrap bracelets that I knew I would be gone for. I don't see one on their schedule now, but maybe if they see there is an interest they will schedule one?

http://www.ornamentea.com/Classes.html

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks Tassy, I googled and there are a ton of online tutorials, etc. I think I would be ok. I already have a crochet class I'm working on and a quilt I still haven't finished, LOL. I better not take on any more classes til I finish these. I have a short attention span when it comes to crafts. :jester:

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

My version of crafts involves craft beers and their consumption.....LOL

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I know how that goes, trust me!! I wanted to start the crochet class but knew that I would have to miss several weeks.... maybe the next one... I do know how to crochet and have made a blanket, and have another in the works... but I'd like to do something with more varied stitches.

7. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I actually went to Ornamentea's wrap bracelet class, that's how I learned. It really wasn't that hard once you got the hang of it. I paid $30 for the class put the materials. I noticed that Cindale Beads also has classes, theirs are usually $20 all materials included! Haven't seen a wrap bracelet class yet, hopefully she will have one soon. :)