XBox 360 Question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

Ok, for those of you who have seven year olds, you'll understand.

However my two boys are 27 and 26 and they're still acting like...

At any rate, my youngest asked for an XBox 360, which is fine. Then the older one said he had asked for one first (this was verified by his Mom, although he never said anything to me).

So, it seems I can't get one without getting both. (At least they haven't asked for a PS3!)

I've pretty much settled on the "Core" system, and let them buy their own accessories, but they're still pretty expensive at Wal*Mart and Best Buy ($299).

Has anyone seen them any cheaper?

2. you can go up to the gamestop in fuvuay and it will be from 250 to 300 for the core system

3. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

We bought a PS2 at GameStop in Fuquay. My son's wasn't working, so we bought a used/reconditioned one at GameStop. They are great to deal with, and have reasonable return policies if anything goes wrong with the unit. :)

4. Clif

Clif Guest

That's good to know. However, one of them will be in Germany in a couple of weeks.

5. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Ah I see. Yeah that would be a pain to ship it back here for repair or replacement.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They are just danged expensive! We bought a bundle package at Sam's, but it wasn't the "core" system. The prices you quoted seem about the norm. Toys R Us was offering a $100 gift card when you bought one there, but am not sure if it was for the core system. You might want to check www.fatwallet.com

Do search in their forum section and it should give you some of the best deals going. Just recently discovered that site although it's been around for ages apparently. Love it!

7. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

So clif, I was going to post this same issue. I saw this and jumped on it. What did you find? If you dont mind me asking.

Please!@ 299 is the cheapest I can find. Wally world. Just the core system.

8. Clif

Clif Guest

I haven't found yet. I was just doing some research. I'll actually be purchasing tomorrow (12/16)

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks your "kids" are kind of old to be asking for expensive gaming systems for Christmas? Grown men, who could buy their own? JMO. 8)

10. Clif

Clif Guest

Anyone can ask for anything.

But, you're kids are young yet. Wait till they get as old as mine are now.

Remember, whoever said, "You can't go home again" never had adult kids.

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

If you're planning to spend a certain amount of money on your kids for Christmas, why not spend it on something they want?

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

But, I am an adult kid and I would never dream of asking my parents for such an expensive gift. Don't get me wrong, they have the cash - that's why we call their house "Club Med". :lol: Er.... Maybe that's why they have cash... they don't spend it all on their kids. :wink:

Just seems greedy to me. I'm not a kid anymore, I can buy that stuff myself.

13. Itsmeagain

Itsmeagain Well-Known Member

What if his spending limit on each kid is $300? So why not get something they want? What is the difference what he spends that amount on?

14. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

Want an expensive hobby to buy for?? Let your son take up hunting. All his Christmas is hunting related. He got a shotgun from his aunt&uncle 2 years ago, a rifle from us last year, and he bought another shotgun for duck hunting a few weeks after he turned 18. You'd think most of the expense was out of the way...wrong! Hunting gear can be very expensive as I have found out.

So to be on topic... what the kids want is relative, just depends on how much a parent is willing to spend.

Clif, I assume (know how that can be) that if the Xbox is going back to Germany, then your son is serving in the military. If so, give him a big thank you for his service, many still care.

15. Clif

Clif Guest

Ok, it seems that everyone is covering me on buying gifts for my kids. Just one thing, "expensive" is relative. Yes, I did say that they were kinda of expensive, but that just the scotsman in me (no offense to people from Scotland). In truth it's not expensive in the sense that it will put a huge dent in my pocketbook, it's just that the last time I bought them a video system, it was an NES and I was able to get one for about $60.

At any rate...

He is and I'll add your thanks to the list. :) I know he appreciates it, but he's sometimes a little overwhelmed at all the people who want to shake his hand and thank him for serving. (When he got off the plane he was darn near drunk from everyone on the plane buying him drinks.)

16. Itsmeagain

BTW Clif I want a WII for Christmas!!! :)

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Be careful with that thing! Did you see the story on TV the other night? People are smashing up stuff with them! :shock: :lol:

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Heard they are recalling the device that keeps ending up in the TV.

19. Itsmeagain

My son told me this morning that on this show he watches they said the graphics suck and it's hard to get into the motion of it. I still want to try it at least once and then put it on the shelf and forget about it. I already don't have enough hours in the day! :)

20. Clif

Clif Guest

Sorry, they're being recalled. Maybe next year.