Yard Work $6/ hr

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by trailblazer, Sep 9, 2009.

1. trailblazer

trailblazer Active Member

I need to find a teenager or someone interested in doing some yard work for $6 / hr. It is not hard work, just time consuming. It will start with raking mulch out of our flower beds and pulling grass. Must have own transportation. We are in Waverly Point.

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Did you find anyone yet? My DS loves yard work and loves to make money... :lol:

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Red, at this point I may take the job. :lol:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

4. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

let me know if you find plenty @ 6$/hr! "$7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009". found that on federal sight. My laborers make way better. Maybe I could contract you're people.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

good grief,does that mean that teenage babysitters who work for cash have to be paid min wage - they were talking about hiring a teen who needs some cash.

6. trailblazer

trailblazer Active Member

PM me if interested

I do have one guy over today doing a great job, so my husband has 'revised' the list and found more for someone to do, so we can have more than one at the same time. Our lives are just too crazy and we have to get some stuff done...

I refuse to play the 4042 politics game, but have to save my good trailblazer name - so a bit of the tax code for fun....

The IRS cites that you don't need to count wages paid to an employee who is younger than 18 at any time during the year. To confuse things a bit, you're supposed to count these wages if the employee's "principal occupation" is providing household services. However, if an employee is a student, then providing these household services isn't considered to be that individual's principal occupation.

Still confused? Check out Publication 926 from the IRS.
    :chillpill:

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Exactly!

8. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that the above was in reference to filing a tax return but has nothing to do with the Wage and Hour laws.