YES

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I can not believe what I just got. I received a belated birthday card from my family in Florida. And in it was two tickets to see YES in concert at the DPAC. YES was the first group I saw in concert at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City NJ. And that was 37 years ago!!!

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Are they calling themselves "Maybe" now?

Hope you have fun!

3. Rockyv58

I didn't even know they were still around till I saw a banner on facebook for them. Considering I am out of work and back in school the funds to go were not there. Now I Know I am getting old. My math was off a year. It was 36 years ago. When I saw them Rick Wakeman had just released his own album. He was still fronting YES at the same time.

Its going to be so cool to see them in concert again...

4. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Enjoy. I was one of the biggest Yes fans ever. Spoiler alert... you will find them a far different band today.

5. Rockyv58

I know they are not going to be as good as memory serves and also no second hand smoke from pot either. But still they were one of my favorite bands in the world. I'll take what ever sound they have today over the garbage record companies pump out today. They can keep their Biebers and all the other garbage.

But you know what Steve, It brings me back to 1975. I had just gotten my drivers license and was a sophmore in High school. Still living at home and having no cares. Hanging out with friends. Takes me to a time of should I get an order of fries with my hamburger or cheeseburger. I didn't become a vegitarian until December of that year. It was definitely a more care free time for me then.

Been thinking back on friends I still keep in touch with and those I haven't heard from in years.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011