Looking for place that serves non-vinegar based BBQ

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blessed2adopt2, Jan 1, 2007.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Although my son wasn't technically born here, he's lived most of his 7.5 years here and won't eat any other kind only a red hot dog! Drives me nuts cause I can't stand them, so I always have to buy both kinds on the rare occasion that we have a hot dog, LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2007
  2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I grew up for the most part in JC, but was born and lived in Wake country for the first few years of my life. But growing up here in Clayton, there was only one place to get hotdogs and that was Jones' Cafe. It has only been since my wife moved down that I have actually tried other hotdogs, and there are only two other brands that I will eat. Nathan's and Sabrett, and if I'm eating one of them I have to have chili and kraut. While my Brightleaf's have chili, ketchup and onions.

Craig

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  3. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Nathan's rock! That's what I used to have before I moved down here and switched to Brightleafs.

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh that sounds just like me! (Lived in Wake County until age 4, grew up in Clayton... go Comets!) Do I know you? :?

About the hot dog thing, Hebrew National is another good one to me. And Oscar Mayer cheese dogs! :-D:lol:

Oh yeah, Stephenson's BBQ is the best in this area!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  5. racecitync

racecitync Well-Known Member

Ketchup on a hotdog?! :shock:

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That's better than some tomato paste crap on my pulled pork bbq.

:lol:

Craig

7. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Red Hot and Blue - Cary has tomato based bbq

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

One of two things I put ketchup on.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Same here - but we moved to Smfd in '78 ...

Do I know you two, too, ...either?:lol:

I hated moving. I always felt cheated out of being a CHS grad...

Ahhh those were the days... My mom would give me $5 and me and my best friend would walk to town on Saturdays... go to Collin's then on to Jones's.
    Any one remember Collins dime store?