Senator Fred Smith- are you listening?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Pirate96, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Maybe the power of 4042.com can help out. I have sent several emails to him in reference to an issue I wanted feedback on. Here they are listed below:
    1. March 26, 2007 sent to Freds@ncleg.net
    2. March 27,2007 sent to Freds@ncleg.net
    3. March 27,2007 sent to Freds@ncleg.net
    4. March 28,2007 sent to Freds@ncleg.net and "Jonathan Hill" senatorfredsmith@gmail.com in response to campaign spam
    5. April 02,2007 sent to Freds@ncleg.net and "Jonathan Hill" senatorfredsmith@gmail.com in response to more campaign spam
    This man is running for governor, but can not answer his own constituents email contact. I thought I might at least get some response from the campaign email address that keeps letting me know about his commercials etc. It was a pretty simple request and yet he can not even acknowledge. Is this who we want as our governor?

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I also have sent him e-mails with no response. I never get a response from Elizabeth Dole, either. Richard Burr at least sends me a letter sometimes in response to my concerns, and Bob Etheridge usually replies.

3. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

What about Grier Martin and James Langdon

Do they respond?

4. KDsGrandma

I'm not in Grier Martin's district, but based on his live-blogging history at BlueNC, I would expect a quick response from him. J.H. Langdon has not responded to my e-mail.

5. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

So why should I vote for him if he won't answer simple questions about his stance on issues?

Email is perfectly viable and he confirms that because his campaign sent me an email letting me know about his commercial.
    Betcha he will never get my vote. Until we demand different and hold our politicians accountable we will continue to deteriorate as a nation.

6. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

starting to see the trend......and I am registered as a republican.

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I have had rather quick responses from both JH Langdon & Bobby Etheridge, via e-mail.
    ????

Maybe they think I voted for them??? :?:

8. KDsGrandma

Or maybe they're hoping you'll vote for them next time! :lol:

9. Beezor

Beezor Well-Known Member

J.H. Langdon responded to us very quickly as well, both by email and telephone.

10. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

You could always send them a letter. I always think it's always harder to throw away a piece of paper and you get more of a response.

You could also ask to visit the office and at least talk to an aide.

When we went to D.C. as a kid my dad called up Mickey Edwards, of the house of representatives (R-OK), and we went and visited him.

11. KDsGrandma

Well, now I feel left out! :-( ;) Kelyel & Beezor, did you use the e-mail information from the General Assembly site for JH Langdon?

12. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

kinda defeats this new medium we call the internet especially when they choose to use it to distribute what they want you to hear.

13. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

My best repsonse from a politician was Jesse Helms. I was in DC for a meeting. The meeting was at 3, and I got to town around 10 am. I went to his office, told them I was from NC. He came out and shook my hand, gave me passes to congress and a pass to the White House. It was pretty cool.

I usually contact US Congrees or Senate via e mail. They (i think) always respond in writing and usually in a form letter, I have not voted for Etheridge, but he always responds. Burr responds, Dole is usualy slow.

14. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I happen to know Mr.Smith and I think he has so many communications coming to him he has interns or an assigned person to intercept emails and mail and then forward all things pertaining to certain criteria. Kinda normal for a government official. I know it sounds like I am supporting him in this but I have also written him and received an email from Staff on the issue that consulted with the Senator. Just trying to help.

15. markfnc

I just e mailed the construction office, and told them that there was an issue on 4042 they needed to look at, and attched the link. The guy responded to my e mail and said he would have it looked into and respond to the original concern.

hope it gets resloved. But like an earlier post said, they are probably buried in letters and e mails and phone calls.

16. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Appreciate the efforts, but

Don't care how busy he is or his staff. No response to 5 emails is not good when you are trying to get elected to an office.

17. markfnc

not that it matters, and this is national and not state, but I read somewhere that a US Senator can get 10,000 e mails a day. Boy could you imagine that?

18. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Pirate,
    Seems like he is too busy with bigger fish than to respond to you or me. I've had ZERO respect for the way he comunicates for a while. Standard Republican meetings, where dissenters are prescreened, and even if manage to infiltrate, are quickly asked to leave. So much for reaching outside one's circle to earn votes.

There is nothing that Fred could do at this point for my vote, so I'm easily chalked down as a NO, and disregarded. The problem withg this scenairo is that Fred, and others who operate like this, forgot that they are supposed to represent us...

Rep Landgon has always been quick to respond to my concerns.

19. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Auto-reply......at least acknowledges they got the email.......

20. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Understood, but the status quo on these simple issues will ensure the next governor and a lot of other elected offices will be filled by Democrats as well. I just wish we could abolish political parties all together.