Dr. Lane and Associates (dentist)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rostrawberry, Oct 27, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I just saw him Wednesday :mrgreen: (see don't my teeth look great?)
    The Neuse River Parkway office is going to be beautiful, just like the others. ;)
    I always ask to see him directly, nothing against the other DRs in the office, but we have built a relationship with him directly ... Riccobene ROCKS!

Where's my cheerleader photo? :eek:

2. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

From what I understand, Dr. R rotates offices. He has more than just him (dentists) in his practices. I asked for him specifically, but never got an appt with him.

3. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I am not even Dr. R's patient but he did check on me while back when I thought I was having my 3 teeth pulled (2 of them had supposingly had a cyst).

I would go see Dr. R if I could but the circumstances that I am in prevents me from seeing a regular dentist. LOOONNNGGG Story. LOL

4. m2475

m2475 Well-Known Member

His staff is great!

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:?
    Strange, everyone who I have referred to him that asked for him, sees him.

6. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

^^^I know, Harley.

Of course, that was before you went to him. DH got to see him once, then saw other people. He stills goes to that office tho.

7. Aglassnut

Aglassnut Well-Known Member

My wife has been to Dr. Lane's office and I've got to say that I was very pleased with the dentist that we saw and the entire staff. They were really a great bunch.

Mike

8. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Same here, Mike. I have no complaints at all with Lane. I was going to go to Dr. R's office but they were not taking new patients at the time and would not take my insurance so I had to elsewhere.

9. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

My husband and I are also fans of Dr. R's office. I've never had an appointment with Dr. R. I usually see Dr. Brown. She is AWESOME! As an adult I have had a lot of fillings done and re-done with various dentists, after having little dental care as a child. Before Dr. Brown I ALWAYS had pain when my teeth were drilled! I was at the point of having to take medication to calm me before an appointment if my teeth would be drilled. I was looking for a dentist who offers sedation dentistry because of all my bad expereinces. I did NOT need any of that with Dr. Brown! I have NOT felt a thing when she's worked on my teeth. She was even able to save a tooth with a leaky filling that another dentist said would need a root canal. Dental visits that require drilling are no longer a big deal!

I do hope with the rapid growth of his practice, the quality of care at Dr. R's offices does not change!

10. ifloss

ifloss Well-Known Member

Shygrrl,

Your questions are very valid. In July we'll have a total of 8 doctors working in our offices. I hand pick each one to makes sure their philosophy is similar to mine. Obviously, we're all different people and you may click with one better than the other, but all are kind, caring, talented people who put patient care first. If a patient doesn't have the experience they were expecting, AND they let us know, we'll make it right - whatever it takes.

They key to our future success will be our ability to maintain quality of care and customer service. I understand that 100%. A patients experience starts with the first phone call to the office, then the smile you get when you enter, the time my assistants and hygienists spend to get to know about you and your family, and finally the care provided by the dentist. My confidence in our staff makes it possible for us to grow and our patients needs require us to expand to be able to deliver care to the growing community.

If you ask to see me personally, they will appoint you with me. We like to keep the patients seeing the same doctor every time. Vacations and illness affect that a bit, as does squeezing in the emergency patient into a busy schedule. If the patient agrees, they'll see another dentist, if not you should always see the same one.

I hope this answers your questions. Feel free to PM with specific question about your dental health and I'll be sure to respond.

Michael Riccobene, DDS

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

As always Dr. R has just proven his concern for his patients - i am with Harley on just seeing Dr. R. but i have heard wonderful things about all his doctors - if you get to know him you will know that he would not hire anyone that does not adhere to his standards. i wish him all the best in his growing practices and pray that he keeps one day a week locally for us:-D

12. jdk

jdk Well-Known Member

I've never been to Dr. Lane but I HIGHLY recommend Dr.Ricoobene. I've been going to him since he opened his office in the ashley turner building. I can only give great reviews about him and his entire team.
    Everyone that you interact with provides you with the one on one service that you deserve.
    I had been in a terrible car accident and most of the trauma was in my mouth
    and you can't tell at all. Now my entire extended goes to him and many friends have now become his patient.
    Again, I can only give him the Highest recommendation in every aspect.

13. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

just wondering what kind of salary does a dental hygienist make these days? what's the difference between a dental hygienist and a dental assistant? my daughter is starting college in the fall for this and i'm just wondering if she's picked a good career or not.

14. ifloss

ifloss Well-Known Member

Tangerine,

Your daughter chose a great career path. Hygienists primary responsibility is to clean teeth. Dental assistants help Dentists perform their duties. Assistants start at 16-18/hr and Hyg start at 26-29/hr. Make sure she gives us a call when she finishes school - we're always looking for good people.

Michael Riccobene, DDS

15. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info. I'll pass this on to her. Both of my kids want to be in the dental field. My oldest wants to be a dentist. My youngest will appreciate this info and i'll definitely have her call when she finished.

16. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Looking at switching to a local dentist though I love the one I go to in Raleigh. Does anyone know if Dr. R or Dr. Sims files insurance? Are they hard to get into as a new patient? Thanks...

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOVE Dr. Sims, but he doesn't file the insurance for you, that's the only negative with their office. Great care though and pretty easy to get in with as a new patient. Great and FRIENDLY staff!

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

not only a good career choice, but absolute job security, people will always have teeth!!!

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Dr. R. does file insurance for you - with all his new offices i can't see a problem getting an appointment:-D

20. le

le Well-Known Member

Let's hope this turns out to be true!