The Upper Room - all things Christian

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

2. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Ormly, you're online! Don't you ever sleep? After I saw the time of your last post, I didn't think I'd see you on here until early afternoon. :lol:

Sorry, but I'm not going to start naming names of pastors that I think need to hear that message. :neutral:

3. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

4. ready2cmyKing

5. ready2cmyKing

6. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

7. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

8. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

The Concert

When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that her child was missing. Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage.

To her horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy's ear, "Don't quit . . . keep playing."

Leaning over the young boy the piano master reached down with his left hand and began filling in a bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child, and he added a running obbligato.

Together, the old master and the young novice transformed what could have been a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative experience. The audience was so mesmerized that they couldn't recall what else the great master played. Only the classic, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

Perhaps that's the way it is with God. What we can accomplish on our own is hardly noteworthy. We try our best, but the results aren't always graceful flowing music. However, with the hand of the Master, our life's work can truly be beautiful.

The next time you set out to accomplish great feats, listen carefully. You may hear the voice of the Master, whispering in your ear, "Don't quit . . . Keep playing."

May you feel His arms around you and know that His hands are there, helping you turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces. Remember, God doesn't seem to call the equipped, rather, He equips the 'called.'

May God bless you and be with you always! and remember, " Don't quit . . . Keep playing."

9. ready2cmyKing

10. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Sharing the Gospel and making a difference in your home, across the street, in the next state, across the border, and overseas.

Good post.

11. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

12. ready2cmyKing

13. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

14. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

EXPELLED - the Movie - coming this Spring - get the word out

Click on the link below and view the trailer on the upcoming movie, "Expelled."

It is a movie revealing the lack of tolerance for the viewpoint of Christians versus Darwinism.

Consider making plans to view this film in the theaters when it comes out this Spring.

You will enjoy exploring some of the info on the website as well.

http://expelledthemovie.com/playground.php

15. ready2cmyKing

16. pastorg

pastorg Well-Known Member

Devotional

Hi All,

I'd like to share a devotional I did just recently for our people. Hope it gets you thinking.

Scripture: Hebrews 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Thought: We are living in a time at which our society is trying it's best to remove all reminders of God. We've removed Him from our schools and today murder and rape are the number one problems in our schools. We've removed his commandments from our courts and government buildings and we've passed laws that has made it legal to murder millions of unborn babies. We've removed Him from our families and divorce rates are at an all-time high. So the question needs to be asked, "why?" Why is society so bent on removing God from our way of life? The bible teaches us "there is a way that seems right to a man, but the end therein is death." People today believe that their way is the right way and if they close their eyes tight enough God won't exist; out of sight out of mind. And if there is no God we have no one to give an account to. The fruit of this idea has just shown itself ones again. Yesterday, a former Illinois University student opened fire on other students; killing 5 and shooting 21 others. Did you know that the murder suicide rate in the U.S. is up 400%? Why? Could it be that our churches have stopped preaching the idea that we will all be judged? That we don't get away with things? That we will all have to give an account? Food for thought.

Pastor G
    www.calvaryfaith.com

17. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

What a wonderful thread. This is the first time I've read it. Will continue to do so in the future.

Blessings on all,

Ro

18. ready2cmyKing

19. ready2cmyKing

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sorry all, I don't mean to clutter up this thread, being a heathen and all, but Pastor G could you go to the thread that you started this morning and provide some evidence for the figures you have supplied. Personally I find them hard to swallow, my gut reaction is that in the last 30 years things have gotten much better.

Thanks
    Hught