Gun Control

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bear, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Bear

Bear Well-Known Member

Gun Control

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Anything else to add to this idea?

3. Bear

Bear Well-Known Member

Looking for some feedback

4. Bear

Bear Well-Known Member

Hey Pat, Having Fun!!! Love You!!!

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

You should be able to hit your target. That's real control.

Blaming criminal behavior on guns is equivalent to blaming a pencil for poor spelling.

6. Bear

Bear Well-Known Member

I believe in gun control, but that is a very good point.

7. Bear

Bear Well-Known Member

C'mon , Lets bring it on!

8. Clif

Clif Guest

You have to feed before you can get feedback.

What's your opinion?

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

But a pencil facilitates the process. I could write without a pencil (chalk, charcoal, in the sand, etc.), but the pencil makes it easy. I realize the intentions of the writer is what is important here.

I could kill someone with a gun, but the gun makes it extremely easy as well as adds a sense detachment. Not that I have homicidal tendencies, but I have often thought that if I were to kill someone (out of some sort of necessity) I would feel I would be much more successful and comofrtable using a gun (as opposed to a knife, perhaps).

Having said that, take a bad person thinking of killing or maybe it's an impulse thing. Now take away their gun and picture the only weapon they have is a whiffle ball bat. That person is much less likely to follow through, because he does not have the proper tools for the job.

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I don't think people on the street need assault weapons.

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

12. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I don't think the average Joe needs them either, but I sure fill safe with my guns in my home. If someone ever breaks in it's on.8)

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I need more guns. :mrgreen:

14. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Same here. I am also looking into getting me a stun gun just in case I need to shoot someone but do not want to kill them.

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Oh, I am totally in the market for one of those. Can we buy tazers?

16. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I dont know, I've always been told to shoot to kill, dead men cant talk! Seriously I love having my pistol in the house with me. It gives me a since of security.

17. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I'm not sure . I am going to look into buying one. I am gonna get slammed for saying this but ( oh well who cares lol ) My neighbor has a pitt whom she can not keep in her yard and it is not a nice doggie. It is always coming in my yard growling and acting ugly. One time I couldn't get out of my car to check my mail it was actually chewing on my tires. Every time someone calls Animal control by the time they get out here she has it back in her yard. They have put one of her dogs down a while back. Anyways I want to get a stun gun just for her doggie. My back yard is fenced in but my front is not. I have had this dog try and get into my house many many times when I open my front door. So I figure shocking him is better than killing him.

18. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Oh, I have a many guns. I want a stun gun for other reasons.

19. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Take pictures. this is what I had to do, because everytime animal control came the dogs where back in the house of my neighbors, so I took pics of the dogs in my yard and even had video of one of them barking and growling at me.. helps alot!

20. Clif

Clif Guest

The average person cannot buy an asault rifle. What the media calls assault rifles are not. They are semi-automatic rifles with plastic parts that make them look like their military counterparts.