Gun Control

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bear, Mar 9, 2008.

1. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

2. le

le Well-Known Member

Don't taze the dog bro, taze its owner.

3. Fenrirwulf

Fenrirwulf Guest

Don't bother with a tazer. You taze them, they fall down, get hurt, and sue you for everything you own. Like someone said, when you shoot, shoot to kill.
    For the dog problem, consider a paint ball gun, that is what I used to use to convince the neighbor's pigs to stay out of my yard.

4. Had_Wynn

Had_Wynn Active Member

If I ever win the lottery I want to buy an old Atlas F missile silo. It may not be a gun but it can hold one heck of a big bullet. Found one i want to buy up in NY State.

http://www.missilebases.com/

5. steelie

steelie Well-Known Member

Too bad Eve Carson didn't have a gun. Could be the end result would have been the same, but, as it was, she had no chance.

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Assuming you know more than the police do. I don't know if they have released the details as to the exact moment.

Chances are she was caught by surprise and even if she had a gun would not be able to react or do anything about it. In that case, the criminal now has another gun from which to choose from on his next victim.

To suggest that anyone with a gun is safer is to assume that the person knows how to use it and has a permit, that gun is always loaded and in a place easily gotten to (if under a car seat, or gun locker - not easy at all) and that the person has ample time to react to the situation in order to actually use the gun. I don't know about you, but even if I did have a gun I do not know that I would constantly be on alert every minute of every day.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Harvey,
    With respect, if you also have any qualms about whether or not you could aim to kill and take a human life, then you should not ever have a gun. I am no gunfighter, constantly on edge waiting for the stuff to begin. I am prepared to render violence if I feel I'm in jeopardy.

You accused the first Eve Carson poster about assumptions. Is it not possible that she might have been ready to meet this jeopardy. Who knows, perhaps she'd have gotten lucky enough to wound or incapacitate this jerk, or even the best option, dispatch him for the threat to her life, and saving us all a jury trial and limited incarceration.

8. Clif

Clif Guest

Assuming you know more than the police do.

As far as gun control is concerned, it constantly amazes me how many people don't really know why Joe Citizen is allowed to own firearms. It's not, nor has it ever been, to protect heart and home from criminals. It was for the sole purpose of making sure the government was hard pressed to oppress us.

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Amendment II
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

How does the first phrase relate to the rest of that amendment?

10. Clif

Clif Guest

You must understand what a militia was 200 years ago, as opposed to was is claimed today.

The Minutemen were an example of a militia. They were private citizens, not part of any government sponsored (or, more importantly, gonvernment controlled) group. Today, the liberals consider the national guard a militia. In fact, that is not the case. Should our government turn inwardly hostile, the national guard would be our enemy.

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

OK, but I still don't understand how the "well regulated" part applies today. I realize the Minutemen were private citizens, but I think they were highly disciplined.

12. Clif

Clif Guest

Disciplined and structured. I do believe that was the intent of the founding fathers. However, I must emphasize that well-regulated does not mean government regulated or controlled. Since the purpose is to protect us from our government, assigning that protection to the government is just plain silly.

13. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Clif is right on the mark here. The Bill of Rights are the protections the people have from the government.

14. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Seems like more and more everyday, the government is assailing those protections. And Joe Citizen is more than happy to let the government think for him, and willingly allows it to happen. There's sheep..and there's goats. Most are sheep.

15. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

I love my guns and have always felt safer with one than without. I've used mine to protect a woman being attacked, My truck being broken into, A buffer being stolen out of the back of my truck, and as a visual deterent countless times all without firing a shot. There has been many times I have said "Man, I wish I had my handgun with me." I have never said "man, I wish I wouldnt have brought this handgun today" when I had it.

For the stray dog, whoever said get a paintball gun has the right idea. Altho a supersoaker full of water and hot sauce works great as well. I was going to put Neet hair remover in a supersoaker once for a cat that kept killing my birds, but I was afraid the cat would lick it off and die. Turns out just water worked pretty good for the cat.

16. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

we have too many gun contol laws as it! that is a right given to me by our forefathers! what we need is to enforce the ones we have, laws only hurt the honest man, criminals dont obey laws anyway thats why they are criminals! (and how about doing something called swift justice to them that jepardize my rights!)

17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Gun control - I am in control of every one I own.

!

18. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Never saw the need until I had coyotes in my backyard at 11:00 PM that weren't afraid of my very loud protective dogs, and I had no way to get rid of them but my voice. I would have felt a lot better if I knew they weren't coming back. That being said, we have a gun now.

19. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

You have been told correctly!! I mentioned once to a friend that I would shoot them in the leg or something and everyone of my law enforcement friends have told me to shoot to kill. Just make sure that you don't shoot them in the back. :shock: Honestly, it's amazing how individuals that normally wouldn't be afraid of you and would harass you just to pester you.....will steer as far away as possible if they know you are a legal owner of a gun. I know owning mine has made me feel a lot safer.

This is a touchy subject as there have been many debates on this in the past BUT if you are in my house, I shoot first and ask questions later. There is NO legitimate reason for you to be in my home without my consent. I don't care what your response would be!!!!

20. Bear

Bear Well-Known Member

This is where I'm coming from. But people think if they ban assault weapons, then they're going to bust my door down and take my kids squirt gun! This is Ken's "Slippery Slope" theory.