guns

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Barrener River Short, Mar 18, 2008.

1. What is the process if a person wants to obtain a hand gun, shot gun or a rifle in the state if North Carolina?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Seriously, go to the pawn shop, they will walk you through the process.

3. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Rifle or shotgun...go buy it. You need to apply for a pistol permit at the Sheriffs office. Takes a week or so.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Exactly!
    What are you looking for?

5. newlifetaxidermy

newlifetaxidermy Well-Known Member

If you want a handgun purchase permit, you simply go to the JC Sheriff office on the 2nd floor of the Courthouse. You will fill out an application. They will give you an affidavit that has to be signed by a resident of JC (not a relative) and notarized saying you are of "good moral character". 7 days after your application, you can go back with the signed/notarized affidavit and purchase the permits. They are $5 each and you can buy 5 at a time. They are good for 5 yrs. When you go to buy a handgun, the seller will keep one of your permits for each handgun you buy.

Long guns (shotguns/rifles) only require a background check when you are in the store buying them. There is no waiting period.

6. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

I have a friend who is selling most of his gun collection. If interested pm me and I will send you the list with contact info.