Gun Control

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bear, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I have problems with people suing folks at the drop of a hat, but I guarantee that if you tazed me because you thought I was looking at you, I would sue you for every penny you had, if you shot me (there is video) I would hope my family sued you.

Not just picking on you MommySAIDno, but anybody who would resort to violence, talk to security, that is why they are there.

2. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Oh, I was just funnin Hugh. I would only taze a man if he tried to touch me or my daughters and wouldn't back off at my request. That being said, I sorta doubt you have ever given a woman you didn't know the kind of "looks" I am talking about.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Don't know if that was a putdown or not, I am a straight, if somewhat old, man. ;)

4. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

:lol: Oh my! I see how that could have sounded now. Oooops! :oops: Noooo NO NO! I just mean that when you find a woman attractive I'm sure you would not disrespect and downright frighten her in this same way I have discussed.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No problem :mrgreen:

6. Bear

Bear Well-Known Member

Cherry Picking at It's Best! Especially on the heels of the Carson Murder. Every single day we pick up the paper to see an innocent person killed by a handgun, and every three years something like this happens, and you post a big picture on the forum. I'll make a deal with you. Every time an innocent person is killed with a handgun, I will post it. Every time someone defends them self with a handgun, you post. Deal? Then we'll go out some night and play polka.

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I know a good accordion player. Can he join in the fun ?!!! :)

8. Clif

Clif Guest

Funny, I've never heard a single story where a person is killed by a handgun. In all the stories that I've seen, people were killed by other people.

I'll make a deal with you. Every time a criminal decides not to commit a crime because guns are illegal, I'll buy you a new accordian. Every time someone is killed by a person with a handgun who wouldn't have killed with a knife or some other weapon, you buy me a stick of gum.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Thank You Clif.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Yet again, I point out that blaming a gun for killing someone (as opposed to blaming the person who fired it) is like blaming a pencil for poor spelling. Or blaming the voting booth and board of elections for announcing an obviously unqualified person as winning an election, as opposed to blaming the persons who cast the ballots.

12. Clif

Clif Guest

Dare I say it? It's liberal mentality. Refusal to accept personal responsibility (or to lay personal blame).

13. artis

artis Well-Known Member

You forget about all those SUVs that are on killing rampages as well -- poor drivers have no control of the situations at all.

14. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

Just a matter of filing the proper paperwork. Difficult I would not say but having to get off ones lazy butt and do it is another story. So no I would not say it is illegal.

15. Clif

Clif Guest

It's more than just filing the paperwork. A lot more. You can file the paperwork to become an astronaut, but I wouldn't expect to see you on the next shuttle. (Nor does filing the astronaut paperwork make it legal for you to wander around Cape Canaveral)

16. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

Apples to oranges Clif stop trying to be right about something you are not. Anytime anyone says anything you have to be right. You have to start somewhere and the paperwork is the first place to start. Anyone with any knowledge of obtaining a controlled firearm knows that.

17. Clif

Clif Guest

I could well say the same to you. If automatic weapons are so easy to get, why aren't they more prolific?

Read your own words CONTROLLED FIREARM. Just like CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, aka marijuana, cocain, LSD. Illegal for the average person, and difficult to get for those who might actually have a reason to own it, such as research labs, without strict and CONTROLLED licencing.

Now, stop acting like an idiot.

18. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

Whatever you have to tell yourself Clif. Your a lost cause to have a conversation with since you think you are always right. The fact of the matter is you said they were illegal for the public to have and now that it has been pointed out they are not illegal but controlled you feel the need to try and bash me for proving that. Seems to be the way you roll.

19. Clif

Clif Guest

Yes, you win the semantics game. Congratulations.

Here's your prize, wear it with pride...

[​IMG]

20. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

people own automatic weapons, it's easy to own one,
    Just a matter of filling out the right paperwork, paying out your *** for a permit, which costed ($10,000.00) the cost may have changed
    weapon has to be registered with FBI
    you have to be squeaky clean(plus a few other little things) to own one legally:lol:

and if you don't do the above it's against the law