I have a black snake that crawled into my garage. What do i do?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by BeachGirl, Jul 7, 2008.

1. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

Run, scream and hollar!

2. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Michelle--you're not alone sister, you're not alone. I make my husband take my son over to look at them in the museum. I refuse.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Where can we move to that is snake free?

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Naw girl, you will have to meet me somewhere cause I don't do snakes.

5. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Are there snakes in Alaska or the North Pole? I can do cold.

6. Rcskip

Rcskip Well-Known Member

Chances are your neighbor would have one that got loose and came to your house for warmth8)

7. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Good point....I'm basically screwed!!!

8. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

that is worse than my story....yikes!

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

exactly my thought!

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I almost stepped on one on our front walkway (yep...it would have been 911 time). DH went to Lowe's and bought some Snake Away and lined the walkway and it worked great. I can see the previous post mentioned about lining the entire garage except a pathway out with mothballs working.

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Mine too! :lol:

I don't do mice or snakes, so I'm in a mess if they come to me.

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Black snakes are good for the environment and will not hurt you. When mine was younger the boys next door used to catch them and corn snakes, ring our door bell and ask for my daughter. She was never afraid as they wished she was.

When she was younger she was bitten by an Eastern Diamondback snake near trees that were close to the golf course. She saw blood and ran home. After putting her thumb under cold water we could see the bite marks. A neighbor told us what type of snake it was. By the time we arrived at the emergency room the venom had moved up her arm to the elbow. They had the shots and she was fine. She is now afraid of any snake.

I continue to show her the difference in snakes as she should never kill one that will not harm.

Sherry