Oil Rubbed Bronze fixtures?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ljk, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

We are building our house and I am stuck on plumbing fixtures. I just dont like chrome... so I decided on ORB sink/tub fixtures. The plumber said that most people who get them dont like them over time. That they show soap and toothpaste easier etc since they are dark. So now I am doubting my decision. I have tried finding reviews on line with no real luck.

Does anyone have these? Or anything different than chrome? He suggested Nickel, but they just look like less shiny chrome to me. (at least on line anyway!)

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I didn't have bronze, but I did have a gold look. After about six months, the shine faded and they were, pretty much, just yellow. They also were a pain to keep the soap scum off of. Personally I'd stick with nickle in my next house (just my opinion).

3. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I have ORB fixtures and I love them but I have only had them since April or May. I have had many compliments and my realtor friend who has a degree in Interior Design says that is what they are putting in all the newer houses. I know what you mean, though, I couldn't find reviews or a recommended cleanser.

4. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

I have had ours for 2 years now. Granted, they are in our 1/2 bath...but they still look brand new...we are very pleased with them.

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

our entire house is orb, has been for 3 years, and we love them. toothpaste only shows up if you're spitting all over them!! :mrgreen: seriously, no problem.

6. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Yea, I am back to being excited!! Thanks!!

7. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Oil Rubbed Bronze is definitely the going thing these days, especially in new, higher priced homes. We put them in all of our homes and have not had any complaints. Good Luck!

8. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Wow girl, if you're already picking out bathroom fixtures that house really is going up fast. Best wishes to you with all of it, I know you're looking forward to moving in! :)

9. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

I've got oil rubbed fixtures in my place too... but it was entirely by accident.

10W-30 Motor Oil is hard to clean off.

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

tee hee hee :)

11. mom2two

mom2two Well-Known Member

Love it. Did my whole house in it. Granted I have only had mine too since April. We did all the bath fixtures, every door and hindge.

12. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

I have had mine since January. I really like the look, and don't think they're a problem to keep clean, but I don't think they're wearing well. I guess it's "the look" but you can tell where you touch them a lot because the bronze is getting lighter. That may not bother some people, but I personally don't like it. I'm living in my in-laws house while I build a house, and I'm choosing brushed nickel for mine, solely for that reason.

13. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

:confused: That's odd, that's never happened to mine. I wonder if it's the brand or something? Mine still looks the same as the day we bought it. I know all our faucets are delta.

14. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

My faucets are fine. It seems to be my door handles and knobs. I'm not sure, but it bothers me.

15. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

16. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:

I guess mine a PB&J rubbed then :mrgreen: