Lowes Foods and Green Points

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NCGIRL, Feb 18, 2009.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

That should fall under their price scan guarantee... if it scans different than its marked and you bring it to the customer service counter after you've finished with the cashier, they have to give it to you for free.

ETA: They will only give you back your money on the first one, if you have multiple of the same item, they will give you the difference on the rest.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

I love Lowes Foods. I find that Food Lion is WAY more expensive than Lowes. I also trust the meat at Lowes alot more! The only place that I find I spend less money at is Aldi. And with Aldi being a 20 minute drive away, it negates the savings having to drive that far.

3. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

Did i say we LEARNED walmart is destroying the economy??
    no.. I said we DISCUSSED ("talked about" to be exact), meaning the pros AND cons of walmart; both sides of the story

If i was stupid enough to not be able to form my own opinions, then i wouldn't be on this board

4. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

i dont even have to post my comments now, well said

5. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Lowes Foods is NOT discontinuing GREENPOINTS!

I phoned Lowes Customer Care and they assured me that the Greenpoints program is not in any jeopardy of being discontinued. The cashier must have been misinformed.

Thanks goodness, as I am saving my points!

Cuisinart Convection Brick Oven Toaster Oven 159,900 points Can't justify buying one, but if I can get it just by saving my points while shopping at Lowes :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  6. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

Great to know. Thanks for the PI work Zoo. I couldn't believe it when I heard it, but she told me her manager told her. We too are saving up for a big ticket item.

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

What is the deal . . . you get 10 points for every dollar spent or something like that?

8. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

thats one of the smarter things said on here :jester:

9. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

They are supposed to give it to you free when that happens. I got a free large container of laundry detergent that way.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks Zoo! I was going in there this afternnoon to ask! 8)

11. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I was in a total panic thinking they were going to do away with the program. I really want that mini convection oven since I cook for the boys, I figured it would be an energy saver as well as a time saver - but to go out and buy one - when I really don't NEED one. . .by using the greenpoints it's a pain free purchase on my wallet. Ditto with the Aerogarden. . .that's my wishlist item for my Visa Rewards points. . .I want to grow fresh herbs in the house, but I don't NEED to, so getting the Aerogarden more or less free and just giving up points is a cool way to get one.

I called Lowes last night when I saw your post and left a message with my phone number and they called today while Jean was here grooming the boys - they were very nice and very reassuring that greenpoints would be around for a long time (heavy sigh of relief). It doesn't take much to make me happy sometimes :)

12. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

who is your teacher? sherry altman? tell those commies to go play in traffic.

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Yes, "walmart is the devil" shows just how open minded you are.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Significant other just blew all our points on a Cuisinart pot and pan collection!

15. gaylancsu

gaylancsu Member

I do almost all of my shopping at Lowes and BJ's. Walmart is evil and I will not shop there unless it's an emergency and since Lowes in Clayton is now 24/7 those emergencies should never land me in Walmart again.

If you shop Lowes circular and cut coupons you can save money and it's worth it for the pleasant shopping experience.

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Why all the hatin' on Wally World? Don't you like to save $?

17. gaylancsu

gaylancsu Member

Not at the cost of compromising my morals. Walmart doesn't care if the item it sells is quality made, it only cares if the price is low enough for people to buy it. So they tell an American vendor sell me this let's say sock for $.25.. the vendor says I can't make that sock for $.25, it's $.50 so Walmart says fine... they go to China and pay someone there to make the sock for $25. Walmart doesnt' care if the stitching in the sock will come unravelled in the first wash or if the fabric is so cheap that your toe is going to poke through, they just want to sell you the sock for $.50 less than their competitor

So now the American vendor has lost its biggest contract with the world's largest retailer. They have to lay Americans off and try to stay afloat selling $.50 socks to other retailers... those retailers sock sales are down because Walmart is undercutting them $.25 on the price of the sock, so they start looking to other vendors as well... they can't find any in American to match the prices, so they look overseas as well and now that American company has to shut down.

Not to mention just how great Walmart treats their employees... when the cashier is checking you out do they ever have a sincere smile? Do they care if you found everything OK? Or do they look and act like they are miserable... every time I shop at Walmart the person checking me out will complain about being overdue for their break or roll their eyes at their boss ... God borbid you get promoted into management, because now they can and will work you way overtime, but you're salaried so you can't say a word.

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Not too long ago Wal*Mart only sold USA made products (it was one of their main sellinbg points). What was your complaint about them then?

Oh? And your proof of this is?

And do they also get China to put a "Fruit of the Loom" tag on them?

Wal*Mart doesn't have any brands of their own, aside from in the grocery department. Everything Wal*Mart sells is available from other stores. So how is it they go to China for whatever item and their competitors don't?

Oh, and one more thing, nothing in the grocery department (except maybe some Chinese food) comes from China. So your theory breaks right down there.

No, the reason you can get items cheaper at Wal*Mart than anywhere else is because of Wal*Marts size. They have the purchasing power that allows them to get items at a wholesale discount because they buy so many.

Oh, you mean like giving them medical and dental at a reasonable rate, not to mention all the other benefits, such as 401k, etc? Wal*Mart also pays better than other comparable retail stores.

Actually they do, unless they are getting close to the end of their shift, in which case IU don't blame them for being grumpy. I'd be grumpy too, after dealing with people like you for eight hours.

19. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

...Mexicans and other trash? Are you implying that mexicans are trash?

Wow.

20. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

You do realize if you pay $5 for one item and get a second free is the same as paying $2.50 for both? The difference here is, and Kudo's to Lowes, that you don't have to buy two of the items to get the deal. Lowe's actually makes a better business practice by not requiring you to buy two of the items.