Lowes Foods and Green Points

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NCGIRL, Feb 18, 2009.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Clif on this one. And to be fair, not many retail stores have employees that are above and beyond when it comes to being friendly.

2. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Yes...at least the ones I see in Clayton grocery stores.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well that certainly fits with some of your other posts.

Unfortunately

4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I'll let you know when I care about what you think of my opinions.

5. rrgreennc

rrgreennc Well-Known Member

Don't know when this changed, but my wife pointed out to me last week that the Lowes in Clayton is no longer open 24/7.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Hate to burst your bubble Clif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wal-Mart_brands

And while wiki is not completely noticed as hard core fact. I'm sure that using the information contained on that page you can research it further.

Craig

7. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

ok maybe i wasnt clear, but here's and example to clarify
    I saw that ice cream was "buy one get one free" and a gallon or w/e size is $5.00.
    Obviously its the same as $2.50 for each
    BUT
    if i just get ONE gallon i STILL only pay $2.50.
    so essentially, lowes is lying... marking up their prices and claiming one is "free" to trick you into buying more.
    I don;t like being lied to.

8. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

way to go changing the subject to something i said a couple posts ago and not actually responding to my latest post about how you were wrong.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Its better than having paid $5 for one the previous week when they weren't on sale. This way, you can get two for the price of one, double the value, or they are kind enough in their policy to allow you to only buy one for 1/2 the price. Other stores would make you buy the two to get BOGO free deal.

Example... Walgreens, while it is not a BOGO deal, they are great for throwing nuts on sale, 2 for $5. If you only buy one, they are going to charge you full price $3.19.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good grief! They aren't "lying". It says clearly on their signs what the price is if you only get one. They are about the only ones around that will sell you one of a BOGO deal for the same price. HT sure doesn't. My goodness, you might want to find a real complaint to get your knickers in a twist about.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree:

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

That irritates the crap outta me hence why I don't shop at Walgreens unless it's to hit their after holiday markdowns!

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I stand corrected. But, like any "store brands", they are simply rebranded from mainstream manufacturers, not imported from China. Yes, I'm sure some are, but Wal*Mart is not the only store that does this.

Huh? What post was that that you said I was wrong?

14. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Food lion is the same way. You don't have to buy both.

15. jen-jen

jen-jen Member

LOWE'S FOOD

Hello,
    I was in Lowe's Food on US70. As i was using my lowes card i asked the cashier about the greenpoints, sorry to say they are not getting rid of these points.Your information is wrong.:allears:

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks for catching us all up on that Jen-Jen

8)

17. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

ummm.....hasn't that already been cleared up...pages ago?

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Reading is fundamental!:jester:

Sorry Jen, not really picking on you............it happens. 8)

20. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

Yeah, Zoo already cleared it up. The person that told me was obviously misinformed, but told me her manager had told her. The manager was not around for me to ask the day I was in there.