House Cleaning Advise

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gaylancsu, Feb 23, 2009.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I used to think I had to take every weekend and do house cleaning....phhffttt....no way do I have that mentality any more....I got better things to do with my kids and family. Life is too short. I clean the bathrooms and change the sheets bi-weekly. I vacuum/dust once a month....mopping....well, it's my least favorite chore. I mostly spot clean. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

2. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

you have issues dont you?

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

To each his own, but she'd shrivel up and die at my house, LOL. Between the dog, two cats, DH and DS....................well.............let's just say things can get out of hand at times. :lol: We probably have pretty healthy immune systems! Just kidding! I HAVE to do something around here when it reaches what I call "critical mass." That, or I invite folks over so that I HAVE to clean or die of embarrassment.

4. CrazyFabulous

i used to be much like that.....perfect, could eat off any surface. had to let it go and realize life will go on if things are not perfect. i would much rather shop anyway! :)

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't worry about it too much. My dad was really militant about it when I was growing up, and I resented the hell out of it. Now, it's my house and I'll clean it if and when I feel like it. It's sanitary around here, but far from perfect. I'm not worried about a dust bunny here and there. If DH doesn't like it, he's welcome to pick up the vacuum cleaner. :mrgreen:

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

still have the poem hanging in my house about babies don't wait - as for the thing i hate the most - DUSTING!

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hate, hate, hate folding clothes. Did I mention? I HATE folding clothes. A close second is unloading the dish washer. :jester:

8. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Awww:lol: Don't worry Crysta, I'm with you. Your cleaning service sounds just like mine, except I'm worse! My lady does baseboards and windows/sills on alternate trips, dusts all my ceiling fans and when I get home, my stove knobs are soaking in hot water by the sink with the little ice dispenser tray from the front of the fridge drying on a paper towel and my microwave glass drying on a dish cloth, HA! And I hear you on the going to bed with an unstraight kitchen or living room...drives me crazy. I often wonder what I'd be like if/when I have kids. What's funny is I grew up with a neat freak mom and I always said when I had my own house I would never clean it just to annoy her. Turns out, I'm an even bigger neat/clean freak than her. The funny thing is, it doesn't bother me if other people's homes aren't as straight or clean as mine, it's just me!:lol:

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Kaci, I have the same poem hanging up also. It is
    Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
    For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow,
    So quiet down Cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I do this too, everyday. I don't have stuff laying around. That drives me insane. the kitchen is always clean from meal to meal, never stuff sitting in the sink; yuck. To me that's just normal daily stuff, that's not 'cleaning' per say. cleaning to me is when the rubber gloves come out alongside the cleaning supplies.

11. CrazyFabulous

hair on top of head and non matching comfy clothes with loud music playing! :mrgreen:

12. seabee

seabee Guest

Thats right life of a woman...:jester::jester:

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

DH cleans the shower & toilets & keeps the garage in fairly decent order & cooks dinner.

BIL does the dishes/dishwasher, cleans his bathroom regularly & cooks dinner.

I sweep, dust, mop, vacuum (once a week) clean out the litter box (every day), laundry (mine & DH only-once a week), feed the cat, wipe countertops in bath & kitchen (everyday) and I go to the grocery store (once a week) & cook dinner (once a year) :lol:

I HATE FOLDING LAUNDRY!

14. seabee

seabee Guest

Ok you have all the easy jobs so I guess you wear the pants over there... :cheers::lol:

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Easier jobs, but they are done more often therefore I do more work! :lol:

16. seabee

seabee Guest

LOL you rock...

17. gaylancsu

gaylancsu Member

laundry is probably the thing I hate most... it can find it's way to the washer and to the dryer and then it starts to pile. I had to fold/hang etc. We had a system where I folded and the hubby hanged (usually when the "hanging chair" started to fall over from the weight of the clothes) but that's gone by the wayside. I'd like to pay someone to do laundry, but I don't think I want strangers folding my unmentionables.