Lowes Foods and Green Points

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NCGIRL, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I agree with Walmart being the devil... that said - I buy a box of diapers there (White Cloud) and they last a month for 15 bucks. And while I am in there, I might pick up this canned good or that one or a few other food items because they are cheap. 8 o'clock coffee there is 3.58 I noticed. Then there are the 4 and 5 dollar DVDs. But for the most part, I try not to shop there more than once a month.

I just went to Lowe's Foods today, when did they discontinue balloons for the kids? They said it got expensive. <rolls eyes>

2. Cleopatra

*snort. You found me out. If you take the first letter of each word of my previous post, it is really a top secret coded insult flung at Sherry and the posse... I decided I would have to make nice and fall in line in order to be accepted, as that is really my 4042 goal - hence the "hey I shop at Walmart too" post. Or.... I just don't give a damn what people think. ;)

3. Cleopatra

Hold on there cowboy... have you tried just talking to them?

4. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Well now they have no ballons the only place for you to shop is Food Lion 8):mrgreen:

5. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Yes, Food Lion has balloons for the kiddies (and whomever else fancies one), and the employees are quite friendly, smart, and good looking, too!

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I personally HATE the kids balloons! :boxing:

They don't know how to control the balloons. Note to parents, tie the balloon close so that it hits your own kid in the head :lol:

note to the noobies - I don't have kids :ack::ack::ack:
    They are germ filled little varmits :mrgreen:

7. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

isn't that what Buy One Get One is equivalent to everywhere, mathematically?

8. Cleopatra

THAT is exactly what I told them. She said the helium got expensive, I said well so are your groceries. I might have to just go to Food Lion from now on.

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. :iagree:

10. rushlow2004

Then I will look foward to seeing you more!!:lol::lol:
    my hours much better now, since finally they are going to finish my so called training. So I will be there more now, but mostly at night.
    Sheri

11. doggy

doggy Well-Known Member

I've never been told you can "lose" green points but there's no real reason to stockpile them anyway because you don't earn more as your balance gets higher.

The Food Lion is pitiful and I was glad to see Lowe's Foods move in. But Lowe's is pricey and their deals aren't really deals. So, I'm really looking forward to the Super Wal Mart moving in on Lowe's Foods soon. I shop 90% of my groceries at the Super Wal Mart in Clayton (the Super Wal Mart in Garner may be new, but it's still gross!) and only buy meats and produce at Lowe's Foods. Can't wait for the new Wal Mart!

I do like Lowe's Food gas. Very convenient and even if you don't have points to get a discount, they're usually much cheaper than the 40/42 stations.

12. rushlow2004

I have never gotten food from Walmart, not normally what I would go there for, it's been like 6 months or longer since I have been there. Just no need for it.
    Can I ask what it is about FL that you didn't like and what store it was?

13. harleygirl

Hey Rush, let me know when FL has BOGO RAW shrimps on sale :mrgreen:

I wish they'd let you buy more than 4. :boxing:

14. rushlow2004

If I'm correct I thought they have it on now. Let me go and look.

15. rushlow2004

Yes it is, FL jumbo shrimp 16 ounce bags. Reg price 11.99, yes the limit is two free, but you didn't hear it from me, but if you do seperate transations, you can by pass that. hehe.

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

and go to the FL at 42 and the one on 210. and hell, even go to FV!! get you some shrimp girl!!

17. harleygirl

Well, my tail will be up there today. Hide me 4 bags! :lol:

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Because you can use your accumulated points to buy stuff from the catalog ...

www.greenpoints.com/catalog/cat_use.asp

I've spent over 40,000 points in the catalog in the past, and I've got another 60,000 saved up right now. I guess I'd rather get something tangible for my points, then save a $1 for 1,000 points that cost me $100 to get.

19. rushlow2004

Girl I'm off today lol, but I do have to go up there and get a few things myself. They have their Gain 2x on BOGO and I have to get that.
    Plus General Mills Cereal as well on BOGO. hehe.

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

OH SNAP! gotta get the Gain....thanks for that. ;)