K9-3K Walk for Wake SPCA

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Pickle, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Hey everybody, I have signed my daughter and myself up to participate in this year's K9-3K walk for the SPCA. This year's theme is BELIEVE, as in believe that prevention is the key to solving pet overpopulation, not euthanasia. I don't know many people on here personally but I have posted pics and info about my furbabies before so maybe you can guess why this is important to me; I know it is very important to many of you. If you could please pledge even a small amount for either of us, we would be so appreciative and grateful. Here is the link for my personal page: http://www.spcawake.org/site/TR/CommunityFundraising/General?px=1236181&pg=personal&fr_id=1050 and my daughter's name is also listed on our team page. Hoping to personalize all that very soon. As this is approaching short story proportions, thanks in advance for any help!

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Yay, very cool!!!

3. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Done :) Hope you and Anna have beautiful weather for your walk!

4. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Thanks so much Zookeeper! I saw on a CL post that Columbus Co. euthanized 30 dogs this morning. I wonder if we will ever get the spay/neuter message across.

5. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I sure hope so. Heartbreaking to think they are put to death just because no one wants them. It makes no sense to me when people refuse to have their pets altered and then have the nerve to dump their pets' offspring on the sides of roads to let them fend for themselves, or haul them by the boxful to shelters telling staff "I know you'll find homes for them, they're so cute!" Not giving a damn that the shelter already is filled to the brim with pups and that while those pups may all get adopted out, that for each one that does, an older pup or adult dog will be put to death because there are that many less homes available.

Not much humanity in the human race - not much common sense either. Just a bunch of sheep with blinders on :cry:

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Pickle good luck.

Laila and I did it last year and had a blast. We just signed up for it again today. I would post Laila and my link but don't want to steal any of your thunder. All the money goes to for a great cause. So folks please get behind Pickle and Anna.

7. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I didn't know you were back on! I knew you had left for a while so I was going to email and ask if you were doing it again so as not to step on your toes but didn't see you registered at all. But yes folks, please get behind any of us; b/t the economy and spring coming on animals really need our help!

8. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

i was thinking of doing that? Is it 30.00 per person or per dog?

9. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

$30 per person and younger walkers are $20. They give you your own personal page for fundraising and also an email you can send out to your family and friends. You can walk as an individual or join a team. Everyone I have talked to has said it is a blast. So come on!

10. Rockyv58

little red wagon

Hey would anyone have a little red wagon. Maybe one that has the pneumatic tires I could borrow. I want to see If i can get Laila to ride in it. I know last year it was a bit much for her to do the whole 3k

11. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

I plan on doing this with my dogs Jinx and Bella :)

12. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I think they have a 1/2K walk for senior dogs or dogs that have a hard time with the whole thing. I hope you can get a wagon or something, though.

13. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

pickle ~ check your pms

14. evnchris

evnchris Well-Known Member

I have joined to be a walker with my Corgi, Cady and I just checked my "page" and have raised $105!! People are so generious and kind, especially in the economic downturn.

I cannot wait to attend this event!!

15. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

That is awesome! We had upped our team goal before you joined and it looks like we might make it-maybe they will raise it again.

16. Rockyv58

17. Rockyv58

I had just checked my web page and a bunch of people who donated last year did not donate this year. I am going to try one more push before the walk. Its all for a good cause

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

BRS, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the dontations this year that you got last year.

From what I've seen in business, a lot of people are *hording* their $ because of the recession. We've lost $ and so have a LOT of other people I know.

I'm sorry. I hope you still go and have fun at the walk.

19. Rockyv58

Oh I know I will still have fun, When ever I spend time with my puppy I have fun and I know its for a good cause. Happy Good Friday to ya''all

20. Had_Wynn

Had_Wynn Active Member

Just want to give the walkers an FYI from what I learned last year. If you park in the lot on the corner of E Martin St and S Person St. You have to pay. It is an unattended lot that you put your money in a machine and it spits out a stub you put in your window. I did not know that last year and got ticketed. but the parking on the street is free on weekends.