K9-3K Walk for Wake SPCA

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Pickle, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Got you covered, I almost missed your email this year, I get over 100 a day and one that says "Support Me" is typically discarded without a second glance along with this from my long lost relative in Africa. Only thing that saved it from the scrap heap was that your name rang a bell! :lol:

Maybe next year the site administrator can have the subject line be a little clearer!

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Dude thanks. Laila thanks you and the dogs, cats and rabbits thank you, You are one cool Hombre in my book. Thank you again very much to you and to everyone who has donated to all the walkers (two legged, four legged, three legged) and even my girl who is part treeing walker :)

Bob V.

PS one of the contests they are going to have is best kiss and believe me Laila is a real slobberer when it comes ti giving me kisses :p

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  3. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

:iagree: There are SO many dogs in the JoCo shelter right now, it's so sad. Not to mention some of the foster homes are filled to the tilt! If anyone out there wants to foster, please go to JCAPL's website for more info on fostering.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Hope everyone had a successful and fun day!

5. Rockyv58

had a good day. Got there about 9:30. Laila was all excited when she saw people she knew from the SPCA. We met Pickles there. Laila got a bit tired and was ready to go home early. We did the 1/2k. Also while we were there one of the vendors had there box van parked in the park and when he went to close the box van door it kind of freaked her out. The sound of the wheels on the track and the latching of the door. Must of brought back some bad memories while in foster care. When we got home she had her doggy ice cream and took a nap and she was good to go again.

In the next few days I will have her pics up on her myspace page

6. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I am glad things went well... just curious though, she was in a great home for foster... inside their home with their family, treated as a family member, I am not sure what bad memories from foster you think that could have been... I think it was just a noise that scared her. LOL Strange sounds can be scary for the best of us!

(sorry if this sounds rude, to me you just make it sound like she had some jail cell while she was in foster)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  7. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

We had a wonderful day, thanks. My idea of heaven-all those dogs and just about every breed represented! The goal was $130,000 and around $153,000 was raised. And my furkids actually behaved!

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:hurray:

9. Rockyv58

no, I don't know what could of changed her mood. When we got there she reembered alot of the people from the spca and was jumping up on them wagging her tail and such. But the closing of the box van door totally freaked her out. She kept wanting to go to the street and not be in the park. By the time we had met pickle, Laila's tail was down and really had no interest in meeting other people or dogs. I even got one of those dominos pizza's thinking she was going to want a a piece of it but she didnt even pay me any mind when I had food.
    She was so hyper when we got there in the morning I was considering doing the whole 3k but ended up doing the 1/2k and she barely did that.

By the time we got home she was her usual self again. In the next week or so I will post the pictures I took at the walk up on her myspace page.

PS Pickle I would like you to see laila again sometime so you can see how she acts under normal situations.

But all in all it was fun and the money raised is for a great cause.

10. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I would love to see Laila again. I didn't get to socialize much with anyone b/c I was in such a panic to get my number and line up to walk with my team.

11. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Final numbers are in..... more than $170,000 was raised. Way to go guys!!!

12. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Can't we still send in more? My boss promised to sponsor me although the money has yet to materialize but I am getting it for sure tomorrow.

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

It is never too late! :)