SNAKE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, May 28, 2009.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

We used that Snake Away stuff from Lowe's last year after I almost stepped on a snake on the sidewalk. It seemed to work!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

What bad stuff? :ack:

I've got some little froggies that come out when I water my plants, I guess they want a shower or like when I talk to them? I like them.

I've got SEVERAL lizzards around here also. They are fun.

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Lizards.. That's the one thing I miss. The cat thinks they make nice snacks. :ack:

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Lizards...I was scared of them when we first came to NC 13 years ago, that's one thing we don't have in NY. But boy, are there tons of them around here! Not scared anymore, although I wouldn't touch them...but my son catches them on a daily basis, actually I think all 3 of my kids will catch them now. They are FAST! Some are actually kind of cute, but I'd never tell my kid that!

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

You know....spiders, wasps, and other such critters.

Craig

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I have grandaddy long legs, they are cool. We don't have a wasp or spider problem - maybe because the snake ate 'em all? :lol:

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Ok smarty pants . . . how do snakes catch wasps???

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Did you know that a grandaddy long legs is one of the most poisonous spiders? They are just so small that they can't bite you.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Same way some of the snakes eat birds. Snatch them outta the air or catch them as they are perched.

Craig

10. nsanemom22

Did we ever find out what kind of snake it was?

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Alabama blacksnake

12. nsanemom22

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:jester:

14. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

Did you see the video of the lady in Texas that had 2 snakes crawl out of the front of her car? She had driven to a resteraunt (I think) and as she was getting out of the vehicle she saw 2 snakes crawling out of the front of her car. What a way to hitch a ride. I have heard about planes coming in from Guam to Hawaii and they always search the planes for snakes because they will crawl up and hide in the wheel area. Crazy!

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

[​IMG]

16. Local Lady

Local Lady Well-Known Member

Lizards

I love the little critters. My son catches them all the time. He used to let them hang from his ear by their mouth. They didn't really bite, just enough to hang on. Looked really freaky but he isn't scared of anything. I keep telling him to stop picking up snakes but he's pretty good at identifying the non-poisonous from the poisonous ones. Still scares me...

17. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

That is hilarious! My cat always gets them "stuck" to her upper lip or paw and its funny but I can just imagine a little boy with lizard "earrings." Thanks for the LOL first thing this morning! :lol: