Mowing etiquette...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cycleman1979, May 30, 2009.

1. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Just hire a mexican to mow it at his convenience.

2. We made the sacrifice to hire someone to cut our yard too so that we wouldn't have to do it on Sunday (my husband's only day off). I say sacrifice because we are not rich. Oh yeah, I would love to have goats to eat the grass if our HOA allowed it! Wouldn't that be a nuisance - talk about angry neighbors. All they'd hear is naaaaaa or baaaaa (however you want to spell it!)

3. Hey - I'm offended. I'm Mexican!

4. just kidding:lol:

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually it looks like he is home 7 days a week.

6. okay...whatever you say... I guess what I meant to say is he works 6 days a week for 14 hours a day. I think he should be able to relax on Sunday and I understand you have no sympathy for him...point made.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Mam, I am literally only home 2 days a week most weeks, if you saw my original post you would see that I do try to be considerate to others.

You not allowing me to do my yard work isn't very compassionate either.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You know, my father-in-law raises goats (not the milking kind) and they really aren't that loud collectively. Actually, the are relatively quiet compared to a dog.

9. Then I guess we are both wrong. Since you admitted your lack of compassion, I will admit mine. By the way, I don't have a problem with an occasional Sunday mow. It's just when it's every single Sunday of the summer, it just wears on me. It's one of my many faults. I guess that's why I need to move away from the subdivision scene! Hey, I asked for it when I moved here! I'm just venting...not trying to control your Sunday mowing. Mow away... glad you're not the neighbor on the other side of me! I'd really go out of my mind.:lol:

10. We used to have goats. They were only loud when we first got them and when they'd see us come home. Cutie pies! Goats make me happy.

11. Just out of curiosity, why do you think that by telling me that you are "literally only home 2 days a week" that that makes a difference. Could my husband possibly cut the grass between 9pm and 7am? Is that what you were implying that because he's home during those hours, he could cut the grass after dark?! Technically, you have one more day (by day I mean NOT NIGHT) than he does. Maybe I misunderstood you.

12. seabee

seabee Guest

:cheers:

13. Wow - we're just a bunch of unsympathetic (is that a word?) neighbors!

Now...let's break out the horse...:beathorse:

14. seabee

seabee Guest

I got a chuckle out of Hughey's response more than anything... Save the horse crazy... 8)

15. I've just always wanted to use that little horse. Maybe it wasn't an appropriate time. What time is it? Oh it's 10:49... I need to go mow the lawn...be right back!

16. seabee

seabee Guest

appropriate?? lol.. not an issue here...