OMG - Second speeding ticket

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

yea got to have my lead foot drained. I actually didnt realize I was speeding. When I was the lights in my rear view I actually thought the state trooper was on a call. I didn't realize they were on for me till he pulled right up behinde me. But like they say, if you want to dance you have to pay the band. And thats what I got to do.

btw night all. talk to ya morrow.

2. Rockyv58

Update: Well I went and used Bob. Sent off the check for attorney's fee, court costs and fine. In his cover letter it stated that my attendance was not required. The court date was for May 22. I had called the day before, While still on the murder case, to verify that I did not need to show up and I did not have to come to court. Well the murder case finished up on May 21. So it was back off to work for me.

Today: June 2. I come home from work and find a letter in my may box from my attorney. Thinking its a sign off letter or something to that effect I open it up. and the first think I read and I qoute "Please be advised that your pending case in Smithfield District court has been scheduled for Thursday, July 16,2009 at 9:00am' and there are four options below that that can be checked. And the one with the X in front of it is Your attendance is required. Please be advised that you will need to contact my office a few days prior to court date so as to confirm your attendance.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!.

Hell the one thing the jury could not convict the illegal mexican of was 'wreckless driving" cause the state could not prove speeding. That will be the one thing I get busted on. Of all the Darn IRONY.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how I can find out if you get a speeding ticket in Wake co and the send you to driving school, do you have to go to the driving school in Wake co or can you attend the one in JoCo? DD needs to go and Wake co only offers this class week nights from 6-11pm. I really don't want my teen going to the other side of Raleigh and driving home that late at night. :?

4. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Yikes. Before you pay him you need to figure out what the deal was/is. If he said you don't need to be there you shouldn't have needed to be and if there was a possibility that you would have to be he should have told you that as well. How frustrating.

5. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

who was the arresting officer?

6. seabee

seabee Guest

possible the sitting judge isn't keen on talk down deals and your attorney asked for extension to later date in hopes of a more favorable judge.

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That is a good possibility. It's also possible they're getting stricter about deals since the scandal involving an assistant DA & a few defense attorneys, and he thinks you'll have a better chance by showing up in person. The only way to find out for sure is to ask Bob.

8. Rockyv58

Here is the link for the drivers ed in Johnston county: http://www.johnstoncc.edu/defensivedriving.aspx its at JCC. About half way down is the phone number to Harold Lee. He is the instructor. He is also the police chief for Princeton. He should be able to give you all the information you need. Hopefully your DD can take it there.

9. Rockyv58

well the trooper who gave me the ticket was C. P. Oravits

10. Rockyv58

I hope you are right. I am going to call the lawyer this morning and check with his secretary.

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Just noticed your ticket was for 80 mph. I've been out of the loop for a while, but the last I knew you couldn't get a waiver of appearance for that.

12. Rockyv58

I know the DA Susan Doyle is pretty much trying to correct all that crap. Look how many times Hipolito Hernandez got off with DUI before he struck and killed Marcus Lassiter.

I am going to call Bob's Office later when they are open, and check with his secretary.

I really don't have the time saved up to take off to go to court. Used it all on Jury duty. But what would be funny is if I have to go to court if Susan Doyle or the Assistant DA Mr Jackson would be there.

13. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Thanks

14. Rockyv58

It didn't even feel like i was doing 80. I am only quoting what the ticket said. I thought I was doing only about 60-65. And since I did not do a Prayer the last time I was kind of hoping the attorney would of done the PJC. And from what people are telling me is Judges usually do not do faulty hardware any more.

I'll keep ya all posted.

15. Rockyv58

Just got off the telephone with the secretary. She told me my presence at the court house on July 16th is not needed.

16. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Well she wasn't arrested. She was ticketed. Do you have connections that can get her off? Why need the name? Just wondering.

17. seabee

seabee Guest

who's she????

18. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I assumed Rocky, but apologies to him if that's not the case. :oops:

19. Rockyv58

No worries

20. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Sorry!!