question about tatoo...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by noahsmom, Jul 25, 2009.

1. noahsmom

noahsmom Member

I was wondering if anyone has been to Monkeys Ink at 42 for a tatoo? If so, could you tell me if they are good there? Thanks in advance.

2. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

Tattoo

My first tattoo which is fairly large, was done there at Monkey Ink. It's terrible.

The other couple I have are done excellently and were done at Blue Flame in Raleigh. Check them out... Save yourself from a permanent mistake...

3. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

I guess it all depends on who does your tattoo. I had one done a week ago at Monkey Ink and am very satisfied. My husband just got another one last night from them and his looks good as well.

I have a friend that had a large piece done on her back from Blue Flame and it looks terrible.

I would suggest you go in and look at the books of tattoos done by the artists in any studio before having your tattoo done. Then you can decide if the styles match what you want.

4. kpjorgensen

kpjorgensen Member

I've gotten one (I have 10 all together) from Blue Flame and they were really great. Free handed my design, looks great, and it was at a good price.

Lucky Vannoy's in Coats is good (the owner is pretty nice too, Chris)
    Southern Son, but it's in Fayetteville is really good (got my Little Mermaid tat there)
    Four Kingz in Smithfield, I've gotten the most from there and they are good, mine are at least. My eyebrow ring I got there as well.

Never been to Monkeys tho.

5. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the one Tina did for me at Monkey Ink.

6. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

I had a friend that had one there that was not that thrilled. I just got one at Glory Days and loved them. Go see Bert.

7. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

DH got an addition to an original tatoo there, Thomas did it, and he did a great job, was able to add in the other kids, etc., to it without it looking like an 'add on'

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Monkey quoted me double the price as I ended up paying elsewhere for my last tat. Bert is good at Glory Days in Clayton, but I think Zack is awesome! Very clean, nice guy, great artist!

9. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

:iagree: Zach did 2 friends I was with last night, they were both AWESOME.

10. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Do you know how that sounds?? .... and would you like to re-phrase??:jester:

11. stonecold

stonecold Guest

I have had 4 done by Tina @ Monkey Ink. She did a great job. She listened to what I wanted came up with a great design, I would not go anywhere else.

12. Crysta

Crysta Guest

:lol::lol: I'm sorry, but that just made me laugh so hard. Do you not like blondes either? What about girls with small boobs? I'm pretty sure the original poster isn't really interested in what you, personally, look for in a woman. And I'm fairly certain that her wanting a tattoo is a personal decision that has nothing to do with attracting any member of the opposite sex...not just you. But I guess it's good reference material for anyone on here who's been hoping to catch your eye. ;)

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm bucking the trend.............since "everyone" has tatoos, I'm not getting any so I can be different. :jester:

14. Me too. Great minds think alike. 8)

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Same here!

16. seabee

seabee Guest

ok how are your boobs???? :twisted:

17. seabee

seabee Guest

:iagree::iagree:

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Can I get a tattoo of six pack abs?

19. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Actually, I've seen those airbrushed on by the "spray-on tan" folks.....OK somebody out there's bound to be able topull up a pic???

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Great! Glad they were pleased. Zach has done my last 2 (custom design for both) and my dh's last one. He also did my MIL's first tat at age 62!!