What to do on the weekend?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MARPKR, Aug 6, 2009.

1. MARPKR

MARPKR Active Member

What is there to do when you have no kids? This weekend the kids are going to their grandparents and we are clueless as to what to do or what is even around to do. :? Any suggestions???

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

how about a romantic dinner date, somewhere you wouldn't go with kids in tow? movie?

reflect back to when you guys used to date and before kids! Make the most of it! :mrgreen:

3. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Someplace with A/C. Its gonna be a scorcher outside.

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Head for the mountains and rent a little cabin.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:iagree: When DH and I were dating we'd get in the car and pick north, south, east or west and just go.

6. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

no need to go anywhere! ;)

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, basically anything you usually do - you can do in the nude for the weekend.

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Just be real careful if you pan fry anything....no burns..

9. seabee

seabee Guest

go to the bedroom...

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

and the kitchen
    and the laundry room
    and the closet
    and the back porch
    and the ....
    well you get the drift.

HAVE FUN!!!!

11. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

if the house is a rockin dont botha knockin!!!

12. MARPKR

MARPKR Active Member

:lol: Sounds like I'm going to have fun this weekend :cheers:

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

FYI - For those who have kids going off to college, they can get their text books (up to $300 each) tax free this weekend. 8)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  14. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

in their college bookstore? i have about $2000 worth of books to buy.

15. bandmom

YES!! and thats $300 per book :hurray: oh, and I did call my dd's bookstore to confirm this yesterday, but they told me it was up $100 per book. SO I just emailed them that its $300..........I'm helpful that way..lol.
    http://www.dornc.com/taxes/sales/salestax_holiday.html

School instructional materials with a sales price of three hundred dollars ($300.00) or less
    per item.
    “School instructional material” is written material commonly used by a student in a course of study
    as a reference and to learn the subject being taught. The term is mutually exclusive of the terms
    “school supply” and “computer supply.” The items listed below are included in the term and are
    therefore exempt from tax during the holiday period if the sales price of the item is $300 or less
    per item. (Prior to the 2008 holiday, these items were categorized as “school supplies” and were
    exempt during the holiday period if the sales price of the item was $100 or less per item.) This list
    is all-inclusive.
    Reference books
    Reference maps and globes
    Textbooks

Workbooks

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  16. seabee

seabee Guest

:cheers: way to cover me up.... 8)8)

17. bandmom

Sounds like you may be busy this weekend :lol: but, if after you've covered the house activites and want to 'get out' and do something, try this place:
    http://www.paracletexp.com/

we went this past weekend and it was awesome! Its not cheap, about $150 for 2 people (buddy package, inc dvd, and t-shirts) we had a gift certificate that we won, so only had to pay for our teens to go with us. takes about 45min-an hour to get there from here. You do have to call ahead and make an appt, also wear closed-toe shoes. My dd wore slip on tennis shoes, and one flew off :lol: the guy had to 'fly' up to the ceiling to retrieve it for her, she was :oops:!!

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

A bunch of our friends went for a b-day deal and they had a BLAST!!!!