BOYCOTT THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Officially a bunch of thugs

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:iagree: Hopefully he will see to it that some of his earnings go to animal shelters and the like.

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this. He gets this chance, but he needs to walk a straight line.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

NOT an Eagles fan, but like red said hopefully he will donate his dough to a shelter or rescue group.

If not, maybe a pit will get a hold of him while he's jogging one morning/noon/afternoon/night! :twisted:

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Boycott them how? Dont buy their tickets? Ok, thats easy enough. I dont live there.

Dont buy their merchandise? Ok thats easy enough, im not a fan.

Um what else...dont go to their website? Dont say the word Eagle? Dont watch them on tv?

Boycott the Eagles...please....nice in theory

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

The man had no respect for dogs. That is clear. However, like its been said, he has served his time and football happens to be his profession. I look at it like this, if a person can re-enter the same profession, so be it. I don't have to be a fan. I don't have to buy the merchandise.

If you want to talk about disrespect, I'll bet there has been a few professional athletes that disrespected their wives or girlfriends...probably a number of them that have even resorted to domestic violence, but they would never get the attention that Vick has gotten.

Even Rae Carruth didn't get that much national media attention. I'll bet there are a couple of members on here that don't even remember his crime, but everybody remembers Vick.

7. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

great husband was a fan but heknow they would do anything to win.

i hope no one goes to the games, and u will do my best to annoy them about this./

8. seabee

seabee Guest

you HOMER.... :jester::jester:

9. seabee

seabee Guest

Yeah but don't you think some of the wifes and girlfriends deserve it, I mean if they would just learn to do what the hell they are told than maybe it wouldn't become an issue... Cmon ladies just smarten up... Do as we say... :jester::jester::popcorn:

10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

we could argue about the time in jail (23 mos) being appropate. He did the time, lost around 120 million. I don't have a problem with a 2nd chance. No 3rd chance though. I think what he did or was involved in was sick.

I was in Philadelphia the day the news broke. The funniest sign i saw. "hide your beagels, vicks an eagle"

11. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Yeah, he did his time - not long enough, but no one asked my opinion when he was sentenced.

Point is, there are more second, third, and forth chances handed out in the world of pro athletes, singers, and actors/actresses. They can illegally gamble, do drugs, drive under the influence, steal, physically batter, and even profit from the misery and or death of an animal. . .society forgives them and gives them additional chances to change for the better.

When push comes to shove, the almighty dollar is more important than setting an example permanently. Celebrities are immune to real life consequences being anything harsher than a couple years punishment - if that.

Hell, if Simpson and Blake could get acquitted for murdering their wives and Kennedy could get suspended sentence of all of two months in '69 for murdering his probably pregnant girlfriend in Chappaquiddick - what on Earth would prevent anyone from breaking the law?

12. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Never been a fan and definitely never will be now.

Where was the second chance for the dog who lost one of Vick's fights?

13. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

:x I hope he is harrassed everyday-once a scumbag always a scumbag. $$$ doesn't hide the real lowlife he is. I hope he gets hit extra hard everytime they put him on the field.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've made my feelings clear on the subject of that lowlife before. :banghead:

15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'll say this...Vick will give the Eagles some good depth in the quarterback position. They'll be a lot stronger with him in all likelihood. I'm not a fan of the Eagles nor was I of the Falcons. I'm a Panther fan, but both McNabb and Vick in most cases, seemed to give the Panthers a lot of trouble. I was reading where McNabb might even play other positions at times to toy with competitors' defenses. I imagine when Philadelphia starts winning, the fans will care less about Vick's past and more about having Super Bowl aspirations. Of course, I'm sure Vick will be taunted all year by opposing teams' fans.

16. Mark W.

Mark W. Active Member

Yeah what zookeeper said!

AMENNNNNN!