Ted Kennedy has passed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Aug 26, 2009.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

or maybe because the majority of people have enough respect for the dead to not do what has been done here:hurray:

2. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I'll go with maybe not.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No, Harv was mounting up on his high horse.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh ok, didn't pay attention to it, i just knew you knew me better than to be referring to me:cheers:

5. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll be able to discuss it with him face to face at some point.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yes ma'am. I get what you are saying on here for sure. But this was not a nice man. I hope his family has some peace and comfort, they've had a lot to endure over the years.

7. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Only if he has repented for his sins.

8. steve

steve Well-Known Member

and he's judged by Christ and not Christians

9. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That's the smartest thing I've read on this board in a long time. You are right on target with this one. :cheers:

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

obviously

12. steve

steve Well-Known Member

do you actually believe that the death of ted kennedy has somehow brought a sense of balance justice and peace to mary jo? dead is dead.... what is this a marvel comic?

13. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I figured it was because hell's fire is kinda busy at the moment :mrgreen:

14. seabee

seabee Guest

Hey Harv... spot on there buddy.... at least you see the light for what Ted was... good to see you can consider the source... :cheers::cheers:

15. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

AMEN!!!

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thank You for your touch of class, it looks like we have all kinds on both sides of the aisle.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I just heard on the radio that Nancy Reagan said her husband and Ted Kennedy had the greatest respect for each other. I just want to say, I appreciate those on this thread who have used some discretion and self control. I think the same was true on the Jesse Helms thread, a few people made inappropriate comments and the rest were fairly respectful. I wish the Kennedy family peace and comfort.

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

They had Fox News on at the gym tonight and the coverage was all about Kennedy. I know you liberals really think Fox News is unfair (which is crap) but if you watched it tonight you may have reconsidered. Their coverage was very fair. Unlike the networks, they didn't insert any of their own political flavor. they just told the story.

19. Mark W.

Mark W. Active Member

I will hold back but still say this.

Edward Kennedy -RIH.

And to the momof3grls I hope you don't raise your girls to be as blind and dumb as you are!

20. johnstoncogirl

johnstoncogirl Well-Known Member

I remember Helms speaking fondly of Kennedy as a person on many occasions, and in the same speech using Kennedy to rile up the crowd. I heard him tell a joke/story once about how he and Kennedy talked about how much they owed each other considering how much each had done for the other's fundraising. They could be friends and fierce adversaries at the same time.

I just heard McCain would be speaking at Kennedy's funeral.

I was not a fan of Kennedy and was appalled by some of the things he said and did to some of the judicial nominees, and some things he said about Bush for that matter, but there is one thing that I always respected in him -- that he never apologized for his views and never tried to pretend he was something he wasn't. He was a liberal and he owned the title. He didn't try to pretend to be in the mushy middle. I suspect that is why he and Helms had so much respect for each other.