Coffee, Coffee, Coffee ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by elims, Jan 30, 2010.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Hey, all ... what's your favorite brand (and roast) of coffee? What do you buy, from where? Whole bean, ground?

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

it varies but sometimes Wolfgang Pucks from Walmart,ground.
    I also like Seattle's Best.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Dunkin' Donuts original blend, whole bean. Had a little too much this morning...sittin' on GO! Ready to play in the snow, sleet, whatever it is!:mrgreen:

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but my wife prefers Dunkin' Donuts Decaf. Her second choice is 8 O'Clock Decaf.

5. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

Starbucks baby!:lol:

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

8 o clock hazelnut beans. Consumer's Digest gave 8 o clock their CR Best Buy rating. And it's cheap. WM usually stock 12 bags of beans. I buy at least four at a time, which lasts about 2 months.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Whatever is on sale. :lol: Although I prefer Maxwell House French Roast. I detest Starbucks, it's too bitter for me. Love Dunkin Donuts coffee that they prepare, whatever I've bought in the store just doesn't taste the same to me even though it says Dunkin Donuts on the bag. Yuban is good too and fairly inexpensive.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Ditto

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the prob I had ... a friend gave me some Dunkin Donuts coffee (ground) and it just didnt taste the same as what you get there. So I'm looking for something new to try. I'm enjoying hearing everyone's tastes ... what they've liked and not.
    Thanks, everyone!

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla ground, i buy it in the big bag from BJ's.

yuuuummmmm-o! I like flavored beans, i don't like when they use the flavored syrups, too sweet. Usually I ask them to 1/2 the syrup amount and then it still doesnt need any extra sugar.

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Usually what ever is on sale or the cheapest. I do like Dunkin Donuts when I buy it fresh from them and when its not sitting around cooking for an hour. But I do like Chock Full of Nuts. Kind of grew up on it back in Jersey.

As far as Starbucks is concerned to me. FRIENDS DO NOT LET FRIENDS DRINK STARBUCKS. Yuk Even their morning blend bites back. :ack:

I am old school when it comes to coffee. I do not and refuse to drink any laltaties capaccios mochachinos or any of those other fru fru drinks. If I want something with chocolate in it give me a nice hot chocolate. I have a friend that love the hot chocolate at Starbucks.

I will drink authentic Cuban coffee for that extra little kick. A shot of that can keep me awake for a week.

And I do occasionally like to have some authentic Italian expresso.

There use to be a coffee shop I would go to in Coral Springs Fl where I would get the best Vanilla Hazelnut coffee. They would roast and grind their own beans

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I like a latte every now and then. I don't do flavors either. Cream, a little sugar...........that's it. I accidentally got some french vanilla crap when it was labeled wrong and OMG, that was disgusting. Keep it simple for me.

Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks. I love it! Need a bumper sticker with that on it. :mrgreen:

13. AnnetteL

No Starbucks for us either :ack:
    DH likes his cup of coffee with lots of sugar in it plus milk,I like mine just black.

Once had a cappuccino at a cafe in Florence Italy-best I ever had!

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

capuccinos we had in Nice, France were awesome too!!

15. AnnetteL

I think the presentation is a little different there too and off course the surroundings help as well ;)

16. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

I buy K-cups - all different brands for my Keurig. I think Green Mountain Columbian regular is my favorite. I'm glad I can finally buy them at Food Lion too!

17. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I stick with the waffle house, once in a while you'll get a stray hair or cigarette ashe in your cup which Starbucks doesnt offer.

18. LADYLEO

LADYLEO Active Member

Eight O'Clock Colombian, tried their new one Dark Italian Roast for a while but found ourselves going back to the Colombian, unbeatable.

19. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

copy-monkey:jester:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I haven't been in a Waffle House...............well..............ever. Whatever floats ya boat there bud.