Riccobeene Billing?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by annatinnie, Aug 24, 2010.

1. annatinnie

annatinnie Well-Known Member

I am about to cry...literally! I hate this situation, but there is nothing else that I know to do, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light so that I might know what I am up against...

Like so many out here these days we are living by literally breaking pennies in half but oh well...it will get better, right??

My husband lost his job a few months ago and has been able to start a company for himself, but until it gets better we have no dental, no medical insurance, etc.

A few years ago I had to be put on a medication that literally ate away at the enamel on my teeth and the sad part is that they split, etc...I had some teeth pulled and a partial put in but it's no good anymore...the damage is severe and I need all the teeth pulled and dentures. And I'm 33...ugh.

I need a LOT of dental work done here...and I'm hoping that they will work out a plan for me because I now have an infection in my left hand side of my mouth that is really making me just want to cry. Went to my regular doctor and he said "it's gotta be done"...

Do you guys think they'll do it? Anyone I should ask for? BEG? LOL!

Tiff

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Call tomorrow and ask them, tell them you are a 4042er

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

4. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

If you do end up going to Riccobene, be sure to get the agreement IN WRITING...Lesson learned!!

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Even if they do have a payment plan I still think that they charge too much at Riccobeene.
    You should give Tri County Dental Center in Dunn a call,they are affiliated with the Chapel Hill Dental School and they charge according to your income.
    My husband and I don't have health or dental insurance either and that's where he plans on going.their number is 910-567-2646.

6. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

agreed
    thanks! my hubby needs tons done too and even with a little bit of dental insurance, it's very expensive

7. juliejam

juliejam Member

You should really check out Dr. Mark Stephenson, DDS in Willow Spring/Fuquay Varina. He's about a 15 min drive up 42 from 40/42. He is very reasonable & unlike alot of dentists nowadays he doesn't try to rip you off by doing a lot of unnecessary work.

He has done extensive work on my husband & I feel that his approach has saved my husband thousands easily.

His number is 919-241-5161. He is located on Dwight Rowland Road in Fuquay Varina. His office is at the very end of the road just before it meets 401.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Best thing you can do is shop around and ask can they do something like a half payment at the time of service and let you pay the rest off in two or three payments. Some will, most won't. Riccobeene's practice is good, but if they aren't the cheapest, I'd definitely ask around.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Honestly,if you can talk to Dr. R directly, he will take care of you, the man has the biggest heart on God's earth. Do not go by what his staff say, contact him in person. He has a great staff and i love them all but they don't have the authority to make deals. i can never tell anyone the true depth of the appreciation i have for Dr. R.

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

You don't have time to wait. Find a dentist who will do the work. An infection that close to the brain will kill you if you don't get it fixed and get antibiotics for it. GO to a dentist NOW.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Agreed, my uncle was out on the road a couple years ago, develped an abscessed tooth that spread to his jaw, etc. and very nearly was the end of him because he was trying to wait til he got home. And he was otherwise perfectly healthy.

12. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

UNC has an excellent dental school that normally does work for free, but I'm not sure they'd do anything that extensive. My best advice is to head down to Smithfield to the Department of Social Services and get on medicaid. The process is pretty fast and even if it takes a few days to get the paperwork done they will call the dentist and tell them that you are on the program. Also, Dr. R's office at 40/210 does take Medicaid. Good luck!

13. ifloss

ifloss Well-Known Member

As y'all know we monitor this site to see how we're doing. I'm in between patients so I need to be brief.

Annietinnie, I'd be happy to take a look at your mouth and see what needs to be done. I can give you your options and see what works for you. If you call my office, tell them I told you personally to come in and that you're from 4042.

As far as those complaining about the cost of dentistry, let me just say clearly that I agree with you 100%. The cost of dentistry is ridiculous. I promise though, that its directly related to the cost of producing dentistry. County health clinics and the dental school are subsidized by the tax payers, that's why it is cheaper.

We try to be fair, and charge a fair price for a fair service while paying our employees well, buying the best materials, having state of the art equipment, and having sufficient support personnel to give you as smooth an experience as possible. Do we fail at times? Absolutely. Does it bother me and am I committed to doing the best I can for everyone? 100 times absolutely.

Gotta run, but i'll keep reading and answer questions as best I can.

Michael Riccobene, DDS

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

How wonderful of him to take a moment out of his busy day and respond!! I just hate that I've been there a couple of times and haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet!! LOL

I love his office at 4042, its always a very smooth experience in there!!

15. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Just want to say that I used to go to Dr. R when I had dental insurance and everytime I went I felt like I was getting a spa treatment! They really take care of their patients. Now that I don't have insurance, I sure miss him!

You may want to try http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/vcity.php?stateid=NC and check ALL of the cities, even if you have to drive a bit. I quickly scanned and only saw a dental clinic in Spring Lake ,about 45 minutes away.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

The goodness that Dr. R does in this area goes way unrecognized. I work with a gal that he has been taking care of exclusively and the things she tells me about her visits, and the above and beyond, as well as just his natural kindness and genuine concern for her are unheard of as far as dentists go. Him coming on here just solidifies his dignity and concern even more for me.

I personally go to his 210 office and absolutely love Dr. McNeely. Love all the girls there too. They have worked with me on many occasions, and I do have insurance.

just sayin'

17. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Dr. Riccobeene does sound like one of the good guys,I just wish I had insurance so I could go...I know it's overdue.

18. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

I go to the McGee's office also, and they are beyond great! Everyone is super friendly, and they take time to explain everything to a nervous patient like me. Big "Satellite of Love" kudos to Dr. R and his staff!!

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

doesn't matter if you have insurance or not.....they'll still work with you at Dr. R. office.....

20. SavannahAnna

SavannahAnna Well-Known Member

Dr. R is the best!

My hubby and I both go to Dr. R; so do 3 daughters and 6 grandchildren. Have always found him very accommodating to our needs - both dental wise and financially!