Urgent Request

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by SunShine26, Oct 1, 2010.

1. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

Hello fellow 4042ers...I have a prayer request for you...My great Uncle Dennis has been in the hospital at Wake for 2 weeks. None of his organs are functioning on their own..They were finally able to close his stomach back this morning after a week since his first since some swelling had gone down. They can't figure out where his infection is coming from. Now something is going on with his pancreas. He's had very little improvement in the 2 weeks hes been there. The doctors told the family this morning that they'll give him through the weekend and that if there was no improvement that they've done all they can do and that the family had to make a decision to take him off the respirator. We're all very close to him and hate seeing him go through this. Please keep him in your prayers

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

How sad, saying prayers that he will improve over the weekend. Can he be transported out to Duke or a different hospital that can give a second opinion? Just because one hospital can't find the problem shouldn't mean certain death?

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:grouphug:

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Sending prayers your way.

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear. Prayers are sent.

6. SunShine26

Well, considering none of his organs are functioning on their own, I don't know if it would help.

7. Jocomom

Jocomom Well-Known Member

Consider it done! I will be praying. I agree with Robbie, I would seek a second opinion. Even if Uncle Dennis can't go, bring all his xrays, impressions and test results and see if anyone else has any ideas. A family member of mine was in a very bad way and doctors at one hospital had no idea. As the patient got so much worse, we took our patient out of hospital #1 and went to another hospital (Duke) looking for answers. Long story short, the patient is living a full and unrestricted life today. Our family member did have youth on their side.I firmly believe it is worth a try. Good luck, best wishes and I will keep your Uncle in my thoughts and prayers.

8. SunShine26

Please keep praying guys. Still nothing has changed. Doctors are stumped because they don't understand why he's so alert and responding to us the way he is. Still none of his organs are working and he's not breathing any on his own.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

prayers going up for you all :grouphug:

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

11. SunShine26

It is with a heavy heart I have to tell you that my uncle passed this morning. The family had to make the decision to take him off the respirator as there was no hope of any organs working on their own. Please keep myself and all the family in your prayers.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

13. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Praying for you and your family during this time.

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.

All of you are in our thoughts :grouphug::grouphug:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so very sorry to hear, will keep you all in my prayers:grouphug:

16. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

17. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

While I'm sure it was the best decision to be made, it doesn't make it an easy decision. And once the sadness of the moment has passed you and your family will remember the good times.

18. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

OMG, so sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one or anyone is always a heartbreaking time.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

very sorry for your loss, lots of thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

:grouphug:

20. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. Thoughts & prayers to your family.