Beagle dogs found...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cycleman1979, Feb 10, 2011.

1. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

cool .. thanks Cycle

Also, other local rescues - some of which you may know about already or contacted...

Second Chance Pet Adoptions
    Best Friend Pet Adoption
    Hugs for Homeless Animals
    Paw's Place Animal Rescue
    A New Leash on Life
    Triangle Beagle Rescue of NC
    Snowflake Animal Rescue

And plus .. we'll just keep fingers crossed that owners are posting LOST ads for these two and perhaps tomorrow will be reunited.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. packfan1983

packfan1983 Guest

there are some folks in austin pond that have posted fliers for a dog similar to this

3. cycleman1979

cycleman1979 Well-Known Member

Is there a number to call? I'll get them to come by and check tomorrow if so...

4. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I hope that these babies are reunited with their family, I would take them, but I think my Shepherd would not be too happy with that...she is picky that way...

I have used A New Leash on Life rescue before when I found a sickly lab one day, I donated some money to them and they were able to find him a wonderful home!

Praying for a happy ending!

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I think you did well!
    Contacting the beagle rescue was a good idea!

6. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I heard these beagles were wandering around crestwood (?) Dr. last night. They must be looking for their home.. amazing they are wandering around the place and are still sticking it out together like a team. hope they find their home. As for 2nd chance, I've been told by them that they only strictly take stray animals. You mentioned they have collars so i dont know if they'll consider them
    "strays" or not, but i wish you luck and i'm glad you're doing this for them. If the owners are found they will be very grateful.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I agree that Beagles are awesome dogs. Very intelligent and few health issues. Also, to the OP: THANK YOU! YOU ROCK! I always say I prefer dogs over humans any day but you have helped renew my faith in people.:hurray:

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

they are probably someone's hunting dogs.....especially since they are together and are sticking together. I am sure they were out rustling up rabbits or some other animal for their owners to hunt. there is no telling how far away these dogs could be from....they wander for a loooong time. I sure hope they find their home. If you can post pics somehow, I would be glad to ask around and help get the word out.

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

When I was dating my wife back in the day, she had two dogs get loose and they were found together about 5 miles away. They will stick together.

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Mike, if you will e-mail me their picture I'll post it here for you.

sandy@alarmconceptsinc.com

12. cycleman1979

On the way!

A representative of the JoCo animal shelter said there is little or no chance these guys wouldn't be adopted or at least fostered. We have scheduled a pickup later this afternoon as we can't keep them at the shop over the weekend.

I'll post again with info about exactly where they will be once they are picked up.

Thanks.

13. cycleman1979

Neil Thornton of JoCo Animal Services picked up the guys just now.

They are being taken to:

115 Shelter Way
    Smithfield NC 27577
    919-934-8474

someone please adopt them, they are good dudes.

14. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

someone posted looking for these guys today! Hope they'll be reunited

15. HomeGirl

HomeGirl Well-Known Member

I think I know who owns the dogs!!! We had two beagles show up with the owner's name on the collar and we contacted him. He said he is missing other dogs in the same area that you found yours. Send me a pm and I will send you Mr. Barbour's contact info.

16. cycleman1979

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Mr. Barbour lost more dogs?
    That poor man must spend his days looking for his dogs.

Everytime I go by his house I look to make sure "Buddy" (his not mine) is in his yard. :lol: