Marco's Pizzeria II East Park/Walmart Plaza 919 772-1323

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WVELEM, Jun 1, 2011.

1. WVELEM

WVELEM Active Member

I just received my large extra cheese pizza and buffalo wings from Marco's Pizza (today 6/1/11)when I opened my pizza box I discovered it had been dropped as all of the cheese had been shifted to the side, and the cardboard box was wet. The pizza was cold, and my buffalo wings which arrived in a white bag had also been dropped as there was a greasy red hole on the side of the bag and buffalo wings had evidently fallen out only five left. I called and spoke to the manager. He not only denied that the food had been dropped and he also stated that he himself had packed the food and it arrived to my house hot. The manager was hostile and belligerent (I am the customer). I am not one to complain much, however, I would not only had delivered anyone's food in such a poor state but also I would never argue with a customer (orginally from New York) who has been loyal to an establishment since it orginally opened. I explained to the manager that I have family the comes from out of town and request food from Marco's and that he should be aware of the poor state the food arrived as it does represent Marco's Pizzeria. He was not only rude but did not offer any acceptable solutions. Buyer Beware! Does anyone know where I can get better quality New York pizza, and conscientious service?:ack:

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Perhaps in New York?

Just kidding...but the best wings are still in Buffalo, the best pizza is still way north of the Mason-Dixon line and the best Philly is still in Philly, etc. I don't know why regional cuisine doesn't seem to export well. I bet Carolina 'Q would be awful in Newark!

Honestly, I'm really sorry you got screwed- bad service seems to know no geographic boundaries.

3. G.G.

G.G. Member

La Piazza in lowes foods shopping center 42/50 intersection. Someone I know said 3 olives pizza was pretty good on Amelia church rd/guy rd intersection(i've never had it)

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i agree, La Piazza is the best and it is authentic NY, the owners are from NY.

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Now if only we could get them to stop wearing their danged NY Yankees gear.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Seriously:lol::lol: Sox fan here myself:cheers:

7. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Do they also have take out? I tried to find an online menu but didn't have any luck,how large are their pizzas? ;)

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep La Piazza has take out and delivery. Looks like their website is under construction right now and i noticed their pizza menu is not on there. They do have a FB page but i have to go down there later today for something else so i will ask what the size is, all i know is it is really big, i have to put it in my trunk when i get the extra large to go

9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Does Lapiazza deliver? and is that the one near Food Lion in Clayton?

Guess I need to read.....Sorry Kaci.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yes they deliver and no, they are located in the Lowes Foods (Middle Creek Commons) complex at 42/50.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

we posted at exactly the same time with our posts:lol::lol:

12. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

They have a 2/$22 pizza special. yum, yum, yum!

13. AnnetteL

Thanks kaci!!
    I'll have to find out if they deliver in the McGee's Area.
    I guess I had better bring a trailer if I get the extra large ;)

14. AnnetteL

Sounds great!

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

There's good NY pizza?

:jester:

16. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

In McGees they are Two Cousins Pizza. That's where they first started. They are next to the Food Lion on 210.

17. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

Actually 919dine is who handles the delivery for them. I think they (Lapiazza) have a menu on the 919dine site.

18. ServerSnapper

I like my peperoni crispy....They do that?

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Why is it that everyone from NY says you can't get good pizza around here yet every freaking pizza place is owned and operated by a New Yorker? Does it taste better with the scent of New Jersey baked in?

For what it's worth, I like Vernero's (that sounds New Yorkish) and Buffalo Brothers.

20. ServerSnapper

When I was with Volvo we had a place close by called "Pollo Pizza and Pasta" greasy as all get out but was the best pizza I ever had. Handsdown. These guys were just off the boat to. The Staten Island boat. :lol::lol: