Cleveland High School Varsity Football- This Friday

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Georgiared, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Georgiared

Georgiared Well-Known Member

Ok community..... Lets step up and support our local boys who have made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    Please come help fill the stands at Cleveland High School this Friday @ 7:30pm to show these boys how proud the community is for taking this 1st year varsity program that has no seniors into the playoffs.
    They have a 9 win and 3 loss record as it stands right now. Wont you help cheer these boys on to hopefully another win? PLEASE!!!!!!
    Cost is $7 per person set by the NC High School Athletic Association.
    LETS FILL THOSE BLEACHERS!

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Why not keep the thread you started last week on this going??

3. Georgiared

Georgiared Well-Known Member

Didnt cross my mind to bump it back to the top.. Oh well.. Its out there again either way for the community to see these boys deserve our support.

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Southern Vance (9-2, #6 seed), who beat Southern Wayne 14-7 last week.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm glad it will be a little warmer down here than it was for us in VA last friday night when we went to watch DH's nephew play. It was 32 degrees with 40 mile an hour wind gusts. Been a very long time since I was that cold. :lol:

Good luck to them! :cheers:

6. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I do not mean this negatively toward the team in any way--but $7 seems like a lot for a high school football game. It would cost $35 to take my family. I am all for the school--that is where my boys will go. Are all games this expensive or is it just because of the playoffs?

7. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Playoffs are $7, regular games as of last season were $6

8. BuzzMyMonkey

it was rather cold out last Fri. lil one was complaining cuz we bundled up, didn't hear anymore of that sitting there. lol

How's Tre??? Qb got dinged up pretty good last week.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

10. BuzzMyMonkey

what??

11. BuzzMyMonkey

an unbelievable game, Go Cleveland Rams!!!!!!!

12. BuzzMyMonkey

and again the Rams roll on, what a game. This is one hot team. Keep it going boys keep it going.

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

they beat my old team last night

14. BuzzMyMonkey

well up till last night they were pretty stout defensively the last several
    games, Rams changed that.

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Wiliams' QB died after their first game. Kid rushed for 200yrds and threw for 100 yrds vs Southern Alamance....game of his life only to be gone 48 hrs later.

Sadly, that wasn't the first death of a player the program has endured. My sophomore year we lost a player on the field up in Greensboro. I'll never forget standing over him and watching him pass (heart attack). :ack:

Good luck to Cleveland.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

yep, was aware of their qb, thats some tough luck how that unfolded and what they had to deal with.

Yeah Cleveland will need a lotta luck with our next opponent. 14-0 and #1 Havelock which crushed their opponent last week. I hope the find a way to pull it out.