Cable and Internet deals

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Looking to shove it up TWC's you know what, so what other deals are you all getting out there? I plan on checking Clear, U-Verse, and Century Link. Not real jazzed about satellite. Looking for basic channels (50-70) and high speed internet for under $100.

2. 27577

27577 Guest

i got turbo boost from TWC, no contract, for 30/month. i also dont have tv though.

3. RealityWorkouts

RealityWorkouts Well-Known Member

We have Dish Network, and we love it. Great channels, and don't know how we lived before DVR.
    We are bundled satellite, phone(land line). and internet(DSL), and total bill is about $165 per month.

4. I guess I got lucky. I've got TWC w/the DVR & Roadrunner with turbo boost and I only pay $73.00 a month. I don't have any HBO type channels, but I still get the standard 70 or so channels. We use Vonage for our phone service and it's actually cheaper than bundling. Frankly, if my wife didn't have relatives overseas I wouldn't even have a land line.

PRM, you pay $100.00 just for internet??

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

century link has some bundle specials for their new Prism service, that is cable. def check them out too.

I rec'd a flyer in the mail for the Prism, but when I called to inquire, they couldn't really save me any money, I also called Dish to 'compare' what I had and they ended up lowering my bill by $20 a month! Which is just fine w/ me cause I am happy w/ my dish, and was just looking to save more $$ each month. :)

6. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Checked my Roadrunner speed at this web site: http://www.timewarnercable.com/East/learn/hso/speedtest.html
    It indicates: Download speed: 16.76Mbps; Upload speed: 0.91Mbps
    Obviously I do not have Roadrunners fastest plan. Can someone with the higher speed Roadrunner plan check their speed so I will know what the more expensive plan speed is? Thanks

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Not what you were expecting, but here at work with TWC fiber service the speeds are 24.94 Mbps down and 20.89 Mbps up.

8. gcoats3

That's fast. TWC technician advised the fastest availabe from TWC in my area is: TWC WideBand 50 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.

9. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

30 down, 5 up

10. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Down 19.87, up .98.

Our special rate with TWC runs out next month. I've got to start shopping around!!

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

down 46.36, up .73

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

17.9 Down, .98 up..........

13. gcoats3

Just checked again: 25.19 down 0.91 up
    Earlier today 16.76 down 0.91 up
    Why the difference? What affects my download speed?

14. 27577

27577 Guest

22 down
    .95 up

30$/month

15. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

TWC Enhanced
    .24 Mbps per second down .87 Mbps per second up

Been a off/on problem since Christmas......... TWC keeps saying no problem but then they fix it......

16. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Since we are talking bout cable and internet deals. My current contract with TWC expires on February 7th. Its going to go up to 179.95 from 159.95. They sent me the letter back in December. I called them in December and the person I spoke to told me to call back on January 7th and talk to someone in the retention department. I did as they said and the person on January 7th told me I have to call back on February 8th. (A bunch of run around BS if you ask me).

I have phone, Cable(whole house), internet, and DVR (in one room). I am willing to give up the DVR and even willing to do vonage, magic jack or what ever it takes to get my bill down to as close to 100.00 a month as possible. Any suggestions?

Right now I am on my friends cell phone plan and she has been exceptional on taking care of that for me. I owe her big time for that and everything else she as done for me.

Eventually when I get done with school (May 2013) I eventually want to upgrade to the Iphone and get rid of my home phone all together.

Back to my question: Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get home phone, cable, internet down to around 100.00 a month give or take?

I got the flyer from century link with their introductory rate but does anyone know what it goes up to after that? And if they have it out in South Plantation. Thanks

bob v

17. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

I think you can get by with half that amount....... If your friend will continue paying your cell phone bill. If not look into Republic Wireless.

1) Get a google voice number as your home phone number- Cost $0.00
    2) Get TWC internet $29.95-55..95
    3) Get Unlimited Netflix Streaming $7.99

Catch local channels over the air and watch stuff on Netflix.

At least half the cost and you have more free time.

18. G.G.

G.G. Member

A friend of mine looked into the TWC triple bundle which is 90 a month for phone/cable/internet. Well after all is said and done the monthly bill is 127.00 which he thought was crazy and wasnt worth going through all the bs to switch everything. And he is also under contract with Directv and it would cost him 450.00 to get out of his contract! We have centurylink and Directv and as long as u keep the both of them you get a discount every month. And they have good deals for new customers! and if u call and ask what they can do for you in lowering your bill they usually do it! we have had them take off 20 bucks for 1 year! hope u find someone with good service and a great price!

19. CraigSPL

Unless you are running on a dedicated line (in the case here at work a dedicated fiber line) your bandwidth is "shared" with anyone else on the same line as you are. The fewer users the more you get, the more users the less you get.

20. CraigSPL

bet we won't get that with Centurylink