Dr. Lane and Associates (dentist)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rostrawberry, Oct 27, 2006.

1. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

I second the recommendation for Dr. Calamos and his staff.

2. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

I was looking for a dentist for my kids, and called Dr. Riccobene's office for insurance information. I'm in a bit of a situation, as my ex carries the dental insurance for the kids, he's making it as difficult for me as possible to use it, and his insurance isn't widely accepted here.

I was so impressed with the woman who helped me. She spoke with me for about twenty minutes, and even though I didn't have all the answers about the insurance, she didn't make me feel like an idiot. She gave me some good advice, and she really wanted to help. Unfortunately, they don't take this insurance so...

I had to call Dr. Lane's office. Isn't it funny, I can't remember the name of the nice woman at Dr. Riccobene's office who should get credit for being so nice, but I'll never forget the rude woman's name who spoke with me at the Technology Drive office. She was so condescending and flip. I was trying to explain my situation, and she actually ignored me! I'm telling her something, then I ask her a question, and no answer. Just silence. Then a few seconds later, she gives me this general type of answer, like "yeah." You could tell I was wasting her time.

I will never go to Dr. Lane's because of the poor customer service from the start. I would rather pay the full cost of dental work from Dr. Riccobene, if I have to.

3. noahsmom

noahsmom Member

Dr.Riccobene is the best dentist ever! I have had several things done to my mouth by him and he is wonderful. The staff there is awesome. I wouldn't go anywhere else! :D

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I would have been first to respond but I just got back into town. 8)

WE LOVE DR RICCOBENE!!! IF YOU DON'T GO TO HIM, WE'LL BEAT YOU UP! :lol: :lol:

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I have been there a couple of times and both the wife and me feel it is a class operation.

6. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Call me dumb but what do you mean by "class operation"

Ro

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

as in First Class or High Class... rates right up there with the best of the best...

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Nicely put!

9. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

:oops: Duh...what was I thinking

10. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I also go to Dr. Riccobene and I can tell you he and his staff are awesome!! I went to the same dentist for over 15 years faithfully (and I am terrified of going to the dentist). Of course, I assumed he was taking care of my teeth. WRONG!! I knew something wasn't right when I kept telling him one of my teeth was bothering me and he kept saying "We'll keep an eye on it". Dummy me believed him. Finally after all the positive things I heard about Dr. R on here, I tried him. Best thing I ever did. He is fixing all the things that my other dentist let slide. I love him and his staff. I have never gotten anything but respect from everyone there. I'll tell you, I am a baby when it comes to going to the dentist. He keeps me calm and Rebecca keeps me smiling!! You need to give them a chance. I think you'll be happy!! I have my DD, DS, and DH going there now. I also got my sister-in-law and her family going there.

Bren

11. nee417

nee417 Guest

I have been to Dr. R's a few times. One of the last times I went, the hygienist spent more time looking at the tv (in the dental area I was sitting in) than in my mouth. She watched the tv more than I did. Maybe she was new and maybe she's not there anymore but that turned me off from that practice.

12. ifloss

ifloss Well-Known Member

Nee,

Thanks for the feedback. If you PM with your info I can look into who the hygienist was for you. I'd be happy to redo cleaning at no charge.

The feedback on this forum is extremely valuable because it encourages my staff to reinforce what we are doing well and also improve the things that will help us better serve our patients.

Michael Riccobene, DDS

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

We have been thinking of switching to Dr. R.... but we have used the same dentist for 14 years. We really like her as a person, and like her staff... but every single time we have work done, we have to go back to get it adjusted, sometimes even redone...or we are uncomfortable and have minor pain for weeks after.... I have several teeth that hurt all the time, but she cannot find anything wrong with them etc...

I am not hard to please, but I just want my mouth not to hurt.

I dont want to hurt her feelings, like I said I like her but I would like to try someone else to see if it is just my mouth or not. (my husband has the same problem there as well, he says it wasnt hurting before he went, but it hurts for weeks after.) I have never really talked to her about it, and I should have years ago...

They stopped filing insurance, so I thought it would be a good excuse to bail.

Is this normal after the dentist, or just me???

14. rjfields

rjfields Well-Known Member

Fillings can cause pain for up to a month after they are placed sometimes. Any thing placed in a tooth is just not as good as what was there before. Adjustments(that you would need to come back for) are needed at times, but if after every appt. would leave me to think that they were just in too much of a hurry to check the bite the proper way.
    If having to redue the fillings if using amalgams(metal) I would have to wonder why,( I guess poor margins) but with tooth colored (composites) I could say the the tooth prep was still wet while trying to place the filling. I haven't seen either of the dentist that get talked about on this board the most. I do have over 10 years exp. as a dental assistant in the navy where I was helping run a AEGD trianing program for new dentist in the navy. Good luck.

15. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info....

I have also had (more than once) a cavity UNDER a filling she has done. Granted, it was a few years later, but... I hate paying for work I feel I already paid for.

I guess I will shop around, but it takes a while to know if the work is going to stand the test of time. I hate 'new' things. :)

16. rjfields

Don't know the doc. However there are many reasons that could have happend. Sorry to say that one of the most commmon is just not taking the time to make sure that the tooth was cut and preped right. Making sure all the decay is out and that there nice clean dentin for the filling to rest on. A base product on the floor of the prep is nice also but if the prep wasn't fully clean it wouldn't have mattered.
    You could have had poor margins which allowed leakage. That could have been from something chipping or minor product shrinkage. Having to pay for work twice is a pain but sometimes that's just the way it is. Good luck on who ever you use.

17. nee417

nee417 Guest

In reference to my previous post regarding the tv watching hygienist at Dr. R's office, I would like to make an update.

Dr. R has researched this concern for me and advised that this hygienist no longer works in his office (and only worked there a short time). I commend Dr. R for researching this concern and getting back with me to resolve any issues. It seems to be harder and harder to find businesses that place customer service and satisfaction as a priority. After correspondence with Dr. R, I sincerely feel that Dr. R and his staff do!

18. rjfields

WOW that is great. I am glad to hear that there are docs out there worried about the pt's and not how much money they can suck out of said pt.

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Well you KNOW i have to add to this thread :lol:

Dr. R. is Awesome and truly cares about his patients, this is from the biggest scardy cat in the world when it comes to Dentists. If anyone wants a personal recommendation from me, please pm me and i can give you the wonderful details to the experience i have had with him and his staff over the last year.

20. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Here I come... :D ...sorry for the late reply...EVERYONE should try Dr. R's office FIRST!! You will not be disappointed, trust me. I am the worst dental patient EVER, and they always treat me like I was the only patient of the day!! That reminds me, I need to schedule my cleaning!! See you soon Dr. R!