Restaurants

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by elims, Oct 25, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Ah, Salmon. I get ours at BJ's and then put a marinade on it before we put it in the freezer! YUMMY!!!

2. JC-native

JC-native Well-Known Member

I second that! The best-ever homemade italian food.

3. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Do they have food at magoo's in clayton? Assagio's used to have great hoagies and I was wondering if they still do hoagies with the name change. I am not sure if they are the same owners.

I can't find good italian hoagies here :(

4. le

le Well-Known Member

I hear ya!
    Is it cuz they call them sandwiches, subs or grinders?
    King's used to have a decent Italian but they have since closed.

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I went to Crazy Fire mongolian stir fry (I think that's what it was called) in Cary for the first time last week. You go in, get a bowl, then go to the raw meats bar ... fill your bowl with meats or seafoods (whatever you want - it's self serve)... go to the veggie bar and fill up with veggies ... then go top off with oils, spices, seasonings, then they stir fry it all in front of you. Too much fun! Loved it! Cant wait to go back and mix some different ingredients and seasonings.

6. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Thats what happenes when we moved to the south...there isn't any real good food here. :(

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Probably a stupid question, but... Do you get a different dish to put it in after it is cooked?

8. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Feel Free to Move wherever "Good Food" is

Their are good restaurants almost everywhere. I am sure that you are joking because the majority of "memorable" restaurants I hear about these days are in the south.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

What's wrong with fried ~ EVERYTHING? :lol: :lol:

10. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

I haven't eaten at the one in Cary, but I love the Mongolian BBQ places I've been too. They only cook one person's at a time, moving it on the hot surface with wooden paddles. They do put it in a clean bowl once it's done. It's fun to experiment with the different sauce combinations.

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

That is a good question ... I was kinda nervous too, about the whole 'raw' process. But they do move it to a plate afterwards, and everything seemed well cooked.

They are also careful to stress that you must mention if you have any food allergies ... peanuts or anything ... so that your food can be cooked on a different surface than what others has been cooked on.

12. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I love crazy fire in cary. If you go for lunch you pay by the bowl..have to cram everything into one. At dinner its a buffett and you can take as many bowls as you want. I put veggies in one and meat in the other and they cook them together. I was a bit hesitant at first too...but have been there many times.

13. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

"Thats what happenes when we moved to the south...there isn't any real good food here. "

There must be something good here or else you would return home. There are excellent restaurants in the south, including the Triangle area.

14. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Anyone said Toot & Tell in Garner (NC 50 and Garner Rd)? I know, I know, but I like the lunch buffet.

15. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

The chef licks it clean before he puts the cooked food back in it.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

And, If I remember correctly, I've been to the one on Falls Of The Neuse Rd., they charged an extra $1 if it was "to-go". I do like the food, but thought the lunch and "to-go" prices were kind of a rip-off.

17. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Lucky 32 in north Raleigh recently closed. Their location in Cary remains open. Good restaurant. Menu changes about every 2-3 months to feature fresh offerings. For example in the summer they featured fresh vegetables from the Farmers Market.

18. ubergeek

ubergeek Well-Known Member

42nd street Oyster Bar -downtown-YUM seafood
    Taverna Agora - Glenwood - Greek
    Crazy Fire is goood
    Torrero's - Raleigh, Cary - best Mexican food by FAR
    Mellow Mushroom - downtown - pizza
    Michael Dean's - fancy martinis and delish food
    Five Star - downtown- Chinese

Best Pizza I have ever had is "Everybody's Pizza" in Atlanta
    I like Macaroni Grill's Italian food the best.

Brass Grill -always disappointed
    Cleveland Draft House - best local food

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My experience is that most B.D. Mongolian Barbecues are a little more conscious on this issue with special colored bowls.

Ate Crazy Fire in Cary myself on Saturday but prefer the B.D.'s any day. I think there is one in Fayetteville.

20. oceanblue

oceanblue Active Member

I thought it was just me, lol I was grossed out by thinking of putting raw meat and raw veggies in the same bowl, let alone wondering if they use same bowl to place then cooked food in, ewww!! ?????