What American accent do you have?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

Now there's proof this little test is bogus! You make Jeff Foxworthy sound like a yankee. :D

2. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

no CLif the results for me was sounthern. i cant get my results in the little box like everyone else. :)

3. oceanblue

oceanblue Active Member

Midland, interesting stuff.. of course I have lived all over, Cali. , Fla. , VA. , ME. , NH. , Finland-which was the first language I spoke, and Italy.. I have noticed when I am around "northerner's" I speak like a "New England'r" and vice versa...

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I've been told I have a good voice for TV and radio before (going to record a radio ad today as a matter of fact, lol) but I am not from the Midland.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

What American accent do you have?
    Your Result: The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

Imagine that :lol:

6. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

7. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Yay! Another New Englander! What part of VT were you born in? I was born and raised there. :D I have relatives in NH, Manchester and Hookset.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Duh, southern! 8)

9. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

The SOUTH baby.

10. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

No surprise for me either...Northeast

11. southerngal39

southerngal39 Well-Known Member

Another pretty interesting one was How much of a BI$$$ arer you? LOL I only rated 54% lol

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Tried the "How Christian Are You? quiz and now I wonder what a "0%" means and what a "100%".

You are 76% Christian :shock:

You have access to heaven, but you might not meet the big guy or the son--if there is a heaven. But you're score is higher than the others before you and so go ahead, pat yourself on the back, you're not going to hell.

13. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

You are 62% Christian

And I thought I was agnostic all this time ... :shock:

14. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

15% lol... thats a really bad quiz, its good for a laugh though.

15. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

You are 38% Christian

You own the Bible, but only read it at church and only interpret it the way your leader does. You are not worthy of calling yourself a true Christian.

Dang, and I thought I was a pretty decent Christian..........

16. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

77% Christian.
    Probably one I missed was what's going to happen to Osama - the right answer is probably it's not for me to judge. Also, if I get punched in a bar, I'm not going to just turn away.

17. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

The Midland.

74% high school

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

All Southern here.

Like that is a surprise.

Craig

19. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Here Are Your Quiz Results!
    You paid attention during 100% of high school!
    85-100% You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!

20. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Inland North

I guess 5 years in Cleveland (the big one) must of rubbed off. But I never will drink pop or drive a care. And I certainly don't ask anyone to "come again" when I don't understand what they just said. That's just wrong. :)