TWC Digital phone question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Dec 20, 2006.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

TWC just now hooked my digital phone. But it only works on ONE phone!

I have three phones. Can some one PLEASE tell me that's NOT the way it's supposed to work!!! :evil:

2. nsanemom22

Never mind. Just got off the phone with TWC. The guys said that was the mian complaint he always gets.

They will be back tomorrow to correct it. :?

3. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

That's how my Vonage works. Because the phone has to be plugged into the adapter.

4. Clif

Clif Guest

Then there's a definite benefit to TWC. TWC can work on all phiones, not just the one that's plugged into the adapter. A technician does have to install it, though.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Or just buy the digital phone set, my Vonage works on 4 phones and i didn't have to do anything extra.

6. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i have it where all phone jacks work. not just one.

7. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Bad TWC! They should have checked to make sure all the phones worked BEFORE they left! Doh!

8. racecitync

racecitync Well-Known Member

yes and it is easy to do. Instructions are on the Vonage website.

9. nsanemom22

lmao That's basically what the TWC guy I called said. It was a good 30 min conversation and the bulk of it was about the installers. (him talking, not me) lol

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Most of the time you end up with a subcontracted installer and they really don't care. When we switched to RR from dial-up, the installers that came were totally pi**ed off at the job the other installers had done and that was after i had to call about a dozen times to complain about the original install.

11. nsanemom22

Yeah, the badge on his shirt represented another company... didn't mention TWC at all...

Sorry about your RR install!! Ours was great and done in a snap!

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Nah girl, the RR install was great, it was the original cable install that was such a pain.

13. Just One Guy

Just One Guy Well-Known Member

PBI?

The deal is that if you are a port from from POTS, all jacks that worked before must work now. If you are a new customer, you get one other active jack. All that is done is the modem is plugged into a line that runs out to your old outside phone box and in turn feeds the other lines from that point.

The problem is that the contractors are so rushed, they end up cutting corners wherever they can. 3-4 installs in a 4 hour period and if they are late to one, it's a $25 fine from TWC. Which may not seem like much, but if you take into account that the contractor only made $28.05 (or $25.50 if you are an HSD customer) when he installed your phone, it can hurt. These guys use their own trucks, own gas, etc.

Just my two cents.

14. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you just be able to run a Y from the adapter to a phone and to the phone jack and then all jacks are set?

15. stabillski

stabillski Well-Known Member

yes..that is all I did, just disconnect the outside line that connects to your main box. ( might get some backfeed.)

16. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Look at what the dog drug out. Glad to see ya here! Merry Christmas.

17. nsanemom22

A twc guy came out tonight and rigged it temporarily to work. Seems the first guy that came out is totally clueless as to what he's supposed to be doing. The guy tonight said he and his partner mostly just go out a lot of days and repair the first guys screw ups.

They are working on a case to get the first one fired. :twisted:

Soooo.... He said he ould come out any time to do it right. I told him to take a break and enjoy his Christmas (going home to Delaware to see family).

He gave me his number and said to call and said he'll be back before the 1st. I told him if it screwed up before then not to worry as our fixin' plans are set. [​IMG]

18. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

wow stranger. where have you been hiding?