Clayton Fitness

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ForeverFaithful, Dec 10, 2006.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

My son won a 2 weeks trial memebership with them, but do not really know where they are located at, can anyone tell me exactly where it is so I can take him to pick it up?

2. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

Off of Shotwell road, across the street from Bojangles, behind Dunkin Donuts and Just Tires.

3. Just One Guy

Just One Guy Well-Known Member

Everyone "wins" a trial membership..... but you have to sign up for a specified time period to get your free trial... they get your account info before and tell you that you can cancel anytime during that time, then they pull an AOL and forget to stop charging your account.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I've actually heard that before about them... FF.. don't give them any banking or credit card information.. tell them upfront you just want the 2 free weeks!

5. Just One Guy

Won't happen.... and if it does, I'll eat my shorts.

6. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Took my son there tonight. They showed us around and gave my son his 2 weeks free along with some 3 days free for my son's friend, my husband and myself. They did not ask for any credit card or banking information or anything like that. We will see what happens if my son decides to continue after that. They did write out for me that if he just wanted to go one month at a time how much it would be and that it was a student discount. So for the time being, we just have the free time with no commitments or anything like that.

Thanks for all the info and we will be sure to keep an eye out and read all the fine print. Since my son is only 17, he cannot commit to any contract at this time, so at least I know he won't be signing up for himself without our permission.

7. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Hi Just One Guy,
    When, where and what time will you be eating your shorts. LOL

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am sorry but your user name just does not go with this bet. :shock:

9. Just One Guy

Well, you know it won't be his/her shorts!!!!!

10. juney25

juney25 Member

I am a member at Clayton Fitness and have been for several years. They were Planet Fitness several years ago, but they were bought out by a local family. When it was Planet Fitness, I know alot of tricky things went on, but now that it's Clayton Fitness everything is much friendlier. The owners are always there. I've given 1 week passes to several of my friends and NONE of them were asked to give any kind of information. They got a tour and were told to ask if they needed any assistance. They've helped me lose 41 pounds. They care about us like we are a big family. I see the owners talking with members every time I go. If you have any problems, just ask for James.

11. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

My hubby was also a member back when it was Planet Fitness and they continued to pull money from our bank account even after we told them to stop. We finally got it straightened out after a ton of aggravation. The new facility is under totally different management and my hubby has just joined. He is very impressed and there is a lot of personal attention given to each person. They are even letting him take our teenage daughter for free and working with her as well. They were very up front about costs and it seems like a fair deal for the money. James seems to really care about the place and building a good reputation.

12. neighborLEE

neighborLEE Well-Known Member

If I could figure out a way that the burnt calories would count
    towards me I'd be glad to pay someone to hit the gym in
    my place.

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Having a gym that close to Bojangles and Dunkin' Donuts is just plain mean. :twisted:

14. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Is there a web site? Do they have any fitness classes for elementary age children?

Is there a gym in the area that offers classes/activities for children, too? I'm not up for plopping my children to sit and watch TV in childcare so I can get exercise.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  15. cl62810

cl62810 Guest

I go to Clayton Fitness and have an 9 and 11 year old. Both of them are allowed to use the cardio equipment with me. During the summer, they offer aerobics classes for the children. One day I took the 9 year old with me during the day because school was out and she didn't want to go on the cardio deck. One of the childcare ladies took a group of the older children to the basketball court with playground balls, hula hoops, and a cd player and let them run around and get some exercise. They don't take the kids to the court on week nights because there are lots of people playing basketball, but sometimes on Saturdays they do. I'll look at a schedule tomorrow to see if any kids classes are offered during the school year.