Who's the BEST Doctor at Horizon Family Medicine?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cristianna, Oct 22, 2007.

1. cristianna

cristianna Well-Known Member

Okay. I've tried Garner Family Medicine and while they were nice, I don't think the doctor really knew what he was doing. So I'm pretty sure I need a physical (having alot of dizzy spells, headaches and bruising very easily) I have decided to give Horizon Family Medicine a try (after researching the boards). Who is the most THOROUGH and compassionate doctor there? I guess if I had to choose between the two, I would choose the thoroughness over compassion.

Thanks again! I don't know what I'd do without 4042

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Wow...that's a tough question. My 3 sons and I all see Dr Harris, and I think he's great. He's not one to push meds if not necessary, which I love, and he'll tell you straight up what he would do in your situation, which I also like very much. My husband sees Dr Williams, and he's very thorough (from what I can tell), and makes sure my husband has all the tests necessary...he sees my MIL also, and since there is a lot of heart problems in the family, he tries to keep them both current on testing, meds, etc...I will say I'm not too thrilled with the nurse practitioner, Kathleen (I think that's her name). she's very nice, but I don't always agree with the things she says, and she says things that don't coincide with what Harris says. I hope this helps you, I've heard great things about both doctors there, and don't see us leaving their office ever, they're great! Another bonus: if you need to get in that day due to an illness, they'll make sure you get in somehow, and they're open until 5:30 which really helps too!

3. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

We also see Dr. Harris and think he is great. He listens to what you say and will explain things to you and answer your questions. Recently I had to take my daughter in because of being sick and missing 2 days of school and Horizon got her in that same day. I do not know the other doctor, but have heard he is good also

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

There is no need, IMO, to choose between the two. Both are great people, and great clinicians. They're both thoroughly trained as doctors, and their parents did one heckuva job raising them as well.

I would willingly have either of them treat my family...

5. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I see Dr. Williams as doesn't my mother & brother. My husband goes to Dr. Harris and we like them both. I am planning to start taking my son soon and was going to see Kathleen because they told me she was really good with young children. Does anyone else have experience with Kathleen?

6. juliejam

juliejam Member

My entire family (DH, son, daughter & I) all see Dr. Williams. We recently moved back to Garner after living in FL for several years & the first thing we did was search out DR. Williams. He delivered my daughter & did my husbands vasectomy. He is very thorough. My kids both saw him Friday. He's just as great now (and knowledgable) as ever!

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Ditto Chuck Williams, my doc, am pleased with Kathleen when I take my son in. BTW, Williams is Chief of Medicine at Johnston Memorial Hospital;